Posted: Jun 10th 2010 7:14PM (Unverified) said

Considering all the outrage over TERA, I'm wondering how many people are going to be on here shouting about the nipples in the main image..

More on topic, I might give this game a go. Been awhile since I played anything FF-ish.

Posted: Jun 10th 2010 8:11PM VioletArrows said

Only one guy trying to stir shit, but I think we might get through this okay. *crossing fingers*

Posted: Jun 10th 2010 8:53PM Its Utakata stupid said

Um...if you where noticing nipples over grainy footage, instead of paying attention to what the video was about, then perhaps your the one having the issues. Just saying...

Posted: Jun 10th 2010 8:58PM Audacious said

Please. Her clothing might be a little tight on her but at least it isn't pretending to be combat oriented.

FFXI might well be the only MMO I've played with equal male and female fan service.

Posted: Jun 10th 2010 9:00PM MewmewGrrl said

Uh, they were working on her face and all attention was supposed to be focused there. I never would have come close to noticing that until you pointed it out. You must have been staring pretty close and intently at that area of the image to even notice that...

That said, the video did show a lot about the creation but did they have to do this goofy stupid spy thing? It actually affected seeing the image as well. I'd rather see a close up view of the screen where you just see the options, not hear these two idiots pretend to be spies.

Also I wish more games had the type of creation that games like Aion have. When creation goes forward such a big step, I don't understand going backwards again in much newer games...

Posted: Jun 10th 2010 9:03PM (Unverified) said

Actually I was talking about the still picture at the top of the article. The video was a bit harder to see anything lol

That said, the customization looks nice. I'm still waiting to see if CCP ever implements their system for hair/clothing simply because if they can manage that without absolutely killing their servers, it will be awesome.

Posted: Jun 10th 2010 11:27PM (Unverified) said

My only problem with her nipples is that they aren't anatomically correct. They don't point forward like high beams on a car. Its a basic human feature that's usually highlighted in figure drawing/modeling, so I'm surprised the character was modeled that way. The fact that its wrong makes them jump out front and centre to my attention.

Posted: Jun 10th 2010 7:19PM Dandmcd said

I could have done without the spy theme of the video, but with the mute button on, the create a character is looking great!

Posted: Jun 10th 2010 7:26PM Egobrane said

The whole theme of that video... sometimes I really hate square enix but love them at the same time.

Posted: Jun 10th 2010 7:55PM Cendres said

I thought the video was cute but I love cheese. ^_^

It's really awesome to see character creation, gives me some small hope we'll this game this year. Hopefully there are more hair options or options in general come launch.

Posted: Jun 10th 2010 8:26PM VioletArrows said

First thought, *twitch* Pick a language...

"Don't put a name on it, they'll know who did it!" XD

One of my favorite parts of games is character creation (oh the horror that was discovering the depth of Champions Online), and that looks pretty good. Makes me wonder how much voice acting's going to be in it if they even let you choose the voice.

Posted: Jun 10th 2010 8:59PM Its Utakata stupid said

Hey...I thought the dialog between those two was kinda cute. :)

Posted: Jun 10th 2010 9:00PM Audacious said

Actually, the lady speaking in Japanese and the man in English is a nice gesture by SE. Most of the footage and information released thus far has been in Japanese exclusively. It's nice that they're acknowledging that this game has several fans who only speak English that would enjoy learning more about that game.

Posted: Jun 10th 2010 9:20PM Saker said

Never understood the appeal of cat-people/people with cat ears... Other then that looks decent!

Posted: Jun 10th 2010 10:36PM Unshra said

And yet I never understood why more games do not have them. ;-p

Honestly though I have to admit that I will not be playing FFXIV because of the lack of playable male Miqo'te (they exist as NPCs though.) Maybe one day when they add playable males for the Miqo'te (and females for Roegadyn) I will give it a shot. Until then I wish SE the best.

Posted: Jun 11th 2010 12:35AM Slowrollin said

I saw mithra, but no yin yang robe. Son, I am dissappoint.

Posted: Jun 11th 2010 7:01AM (Unverified) said

That video was super irritating. That overbearing translator sounded like he was talking to a dog.

Posted: Jun 11th 2010 7:02AM originalzombieslayer888 said

I haven't been following this game very much does anyone know how the combat will play out or have a link i can check out thats sfw.

Posted: Jun 11th 2010 7:42AM Dblade said

I like it, but it looks like they just took the basic FFXI character creation, and added much more facial customization and skin tone. It still seems a little basic compared to other games.

It looks like though I could completely recreate my FFXI mithra down to the hairstyle and facial markings though.