Posted: Jun 10th 2010 6:04PM Kalex716 said

Hey great article, though i don't play CO anymore, i found this easy, entertaining, and informative to read.

Maybe so much that i might even give it a go again the next boring weekend i run into.

Posted: Jun 10th 2010 6:56PM (Unverified) said

I occasionally think about coming back to CO and giving it another try, but the recent changes to melee and supernatural have pretty much killed it for me. Not because the changes are bad, per se, but because they've basically gutted my primary character's concept. He used a mix of supernatural melee, ranged, and single sword powers. His powers have gone from being in two frameworks to four, and a lot of the synergies are gone.

The changes were great for min/maxers, but complete BS for people who made concept characters. Grrr.

Posted: Jun 10th 2010 9:45PM Nibbana said

I enjoy CO, but get bored playing solo. It is time for a Massive Super Group! If you find me in game, send a tell to Dr. Pym.

Posted: Jun 10th 2010 9:59PM (Unverified) said

Some one who thinks CO is a fun game here... potential Massively SG supporter also...

Posted: Jun 11th 2010 5:02AM ticklefist said

Um, that team synergy you speak of hardly exists anymore. We're lucky to get more than 1 game going at a time let alone have enough going that we can actually have a premade going longer than a game or two. Even then the teams are made up more spontaneously with who's there rather than a deliberate pug stomping setup.

Oh, and oh yes, melee is absolutely wrecking t4 (max level) PVP. Might specifically but I'm doing quite well on my Beasty Supernat as well. Pop in and do some PVP for a change instead of writing more uniformed junk like that last paragraph before you mentioned the Massively SG. Melee is nowhere close the suffering you'd have your readers believe it is.

Posted: Jun 11th 2010 4:38AM Patrick Mackey said

Sir, you misunderstand what is good versus what is played. If people are bored of gigabolt team spiking (or UA stacking or mass hold collective will craziness or whatever), it doesn't mean that it doesn't absolutely destroy melee in T4. Duels are another thing altogether.

Posted: Jun 11th 2010 4:44AM (Unverified) said

You don't see them all over the place, but there are a number of individuals who I know personally in CO who have put together teams for running T4 UTC matches, and they're absolutely ridiculous. They can't always be around, and they're not going to have a 100% record, but it doesn't change the fact that the ideal setup is ideal, whether or not people are smart enough to use it.

The majority of players in the Hero Games just casually join matches on their "PvP Character" which is an ambiguous term for "my player killing character that I use for dueling and sometimes Hero Games". No solo build will ever, EVER be a legitimate contender in real high-tier PvP, because they're going to get pasted the instant an organized team with complementary builds enters the field... and those pretty much never, ever include melee.

Posted: Jun 11th 2010 11:02AM Daverator said

Personally I have always thought there was some appeal to PuG matches.

You have to have a character able to adapt to whatever situation there is as opposed to fulfill a pre-defined role.

It is kind of like the difference between a draft deck vs constructed deck in magic. It is fun creating a perfect deck from scratch, but there is also challenge in making a deck viable with whats on the table.

Of course with pugs its usually a matter of which of the two teams has more absolute drooling idiots on it.

Posted: Jun 11th 2010 5:02AM ticklefist said

I feel like I'm arguing the *current* state of PVP with people that simply aren't familiar with it. That's fine. Also, didn't mean to piss all over your article and would like to retract the "junk" statement. Although I may not see eye to eye with some things that are written I still appreciate that the game's being given some exposure. It can certainly use it.