Posted: Jun 9th 2010 12:09PM Enikuo said

I'm confused about the retail box situation. I've never seen a ftp game with a box price. Is Sword 2 not ftp? Will the game still be available for free download?

Posted: Jun 9th 2010 2:18PM Seraphina Brennan said

It's my understanding that the retail box is like a package of special items and points, kind of like a starter pack that gets you on your way. Sorta like what Free Realms did with their CD packs.

Posted: Jun 9th 2010 2:37PM Enikuo said

Okay, that makes sense, but to follow up on that - will there be both a regular retail box and a separate collector's edition box with more goodies?

Posted: Jun 9th 2010 2:39PM jmerriex said

Basically what Seraphina said. We sell numerous items and the Retail Box (and by extension the Collector's Edition) will have exclusive items that won't be available anywhere else. They will also come with basic starter kits, a DVD of the game, a game manual and in the case of the Collector's Edition phat lootz like autographed posters and other nic-nacs.

Posted: Jun 9th 2010 1:13PM MrGutts said

I am confused also. They changed the name to Sword 2, but haven't yet released the full client of Sword 2 out?

Posted: Jun 9th 2010 2:17PM Seraphina Brennan said

Nay, it's still in beta. The update will be coming down the pipe once everything is cleared.

Posted: Jun 9th 2010 2:43PM jmerriex said

Again Seraphina is on the ball :). We definitely have more stuff we are releasing over the next few weeks. Next week we'll have a pretty substantial text update (we've polished about 20,000 lines of text) as well as an update to the launcher. The following week we'll test run our new cash shop items including several new boxes and after that we'll be releasing a new instanced raid.

I'm going to have to stop there because our PR manager will slaughter me if I say any more LOL!

Posted: Jun 9th 2010 4:06PM MrGutts said

Ahhh ok, thank you for the clarification on that. Look forward to seeing what you guys have to offer.

Posted: Jun 9th 2010 2:57PM Enikuo said

Thanks for the replies to my question. I had played it before when it was still a "velvet rope" game instead of ftp. My only frustration then was that the maps weren't translated. Otherwise, it was great. The multiple character controls was really fun and unique. I liked the look. And, there were some humorous elements I appreciated. I'm really looking forward to giving this game another try.

Posted: Jun 9th 2010 4:09PM MrGutts said

Oh one more question, are we starting off from square one again or is this going to be a migration of sorts?

Posted: Jun 9th 2010 4:16PM (Unverified) said

It'll be a migration, but probably/maybe they will release a new server/servers.

Posted: Jun 11th 2010 2:06PM (Unverified) said

I wish that Massively would do a news/commentary podcast each week separate from these increasingly more common game developer interview/advertisement podcasts.

Betawatch: September 13 - 19, 2014