Posted: Jun 8th 2010 5:52PM (Unverified) said

These threads are very poor highlights for a game that is only going up, up, and up. I can't say it enough.

1.) The Qeynos/Freeport thread was the same few people responding to most people who didn't seem to care about the change and/or agreed with it berating them, or making silly comments like "Where's the lore reasons?"

2.) The "Fate of EQ2" thread simply says to me that "I worked hard! Now everyone else has access to fabled too! I deserve it! You don't!" He wants things slowed down so that "goals" are things that can be achieved, failing to understand that in a game with now 90 levels, you don't want to hold people away from their friends; you don't want to make particular types of content available to only a small percentage of the playerbase; you don't want to have it so that people who walk into the game feel a brick wall that they have to knock down with their fists in a leveling curve, or a really harsh gear curve, etc.

You want it to be accessible.

People ask why WoW does so well? It's because it's accessible. People can do things should they choose to do it. EQ2 has been moving in that direction without removing the challenge of its dungeon content.

Posted: Jun 8th 2010 5:53PM pcgneurotic said

What I'd like to see is the Commonlands put on a strict diet - that zone takes far too long to deal with thoroughly. It hangs around like a drunk uncle who won't take a hint and leave already.

Posted: Jun 8th 2010 6:17PM Birk said

Heh...

Drunkle.

Posted: Jun 9th 2010 3:09AM pcgneurotic said

Awesome :D

Posted: Jun 8th 2010 6:18PM Cendres said

I don't play Eq2 anymore but your columns make me regret it. ^_^
However it makes me sad what they've done to Queynos and Freeport, I always go there when I do play.
Is the old betrayal quest line still available? I remember it did jack squat for a while, bit still so much fun to do at least once if a bit long. It would just have needed a few tweaks imo, like getting rid of the grind at the end of it.

@ Neurotic, weren't the Commonlands and Thundersteps streamlined too at one point? I think I remember that.

Posted: Jun 8th 2010 6:28PM (Unverified) said

They were indeed streamlined. Betraying is still a hassle though. I would argue that they should make it a lot easier to switch sides, but that's just me.

Moving from a similar aligned city to another is a cakewalk though, so moving to Freeport is easy. That is one thing the article failed to neglect: Freeport and Qeynos are still THERE. You just can't START there. You have to start in one of the other cities, talk to an NPC, and then just move on over.

Posted: Jun 8th 2010 6:32PM (Unverified) said

I am happy to report to you that I betrayed Qeynos last night on my High Elf paladin and am currently a resident of Haven. Yup, still there.