Posted: Jun 8th 2010 4:12PM DarthCheese said

• 1 heart
I don't mean to be a troll but didn't they promise all the PvP changes like 2 months after release?

I mean I pretty much quit the game after seeing none of the "planned PvP" changes got implemented at that time.

Anyway.. about f-in time. >

Posted: Jun 8th 2010 4:21PM Brendan Drain said

They pushed the big PvP revamp out ages ago, this looks more like fixes to a recent "Shrine" addition to PvP.

Posted: Jun 8th 2010 4:58PM DarthCheese said

Alright I guess I could be wrong there. Haven't been really following the game for a while. :)

My primary reason for quitting the game was that they promised MAJOR PvP changes right after release, but they didn't implement any of them for a long time. At least not while I was subscribed anyway (prepadid 1m + 3 more). :P

Posted: Jun 8th 2010 7:18PM ColRoofles said

• 1 heart
I don't even know why people still care. PVP in AOC was an utter disappointment. It was (and it probably still is) one of the most broken and luck based combat / PVP systems ever conceived.

Did they ever get around to fixing the mid-combat regeneration exploits, random crits for 4+ times the amount of a characters hp, finishing-move-making-you-invulnerable bullshit, and the flavor of the month "balance"?

Posted: Jun 8th 2010 7:14PM (Unverified) said

Yeah, but what about all of the guilds who have already farmed the exploit so that their members are PvP 7s and 8s? Those of us who didn't farm are at a sever disadvantage in the mini games.

What I propose is to demote the current PvP level to a minor factor relative to the total number of PvP encounters a players has fought in. One thing you notice about a Bori farmer is that while their PvP level is high, their total number of actual PvP encounters do not support the 'XP' that got them the level. This system could be implemented by amplifying the effects of PvP level 1, 2, 3 etc equipment by the total number of battles participated in. For example, it could make my PvP 2 gear, for which I have earned by participating in 'x' number of fights, almost as powerful as PvP 6 equipment worn by a player who has also participated in 'x' number of fights.

One thing that this does not address though are the buffs earned by spending Prowess points earned by exploiting. Maybe the same type of system can be used though - generate a buff bonus based on total fights participated in or something.

Posted: Jun 8th 2010 10:32PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
This article reminds me of 2 years ago. Like the saying goes "promises, promises"

Posted: Jun 9th 2010 12:11AM (Unverified) said

And still PVP exploits

Posted: Jun 9th 2010 8:31AM bate said

Bori has already ruined any chance of AoC ever becoming a healthy pvp game. The damage is already done so to speak.

Being a returning or new player in AoC now is an exercise in utter futility.