Posted: Jun 7th 2010 5:05PM MrGutts said

Thanks for the write up Larry.

It's really to bad that we will not be able to play a Mandalorian when ToR comes out. Maybe a xpak will liven that up.

Posted: Jun 7th 2010 5:19PM claytondora said

Actually, Vader was saying "no disintegrations" to IG-88, who had the tendency of bringing most of his bounties back dead. Fett did what his client's requested, to the letter.

Posted: Jun 12th 2010 10:40PM (Unverified) said

The thing that I'm worried about is have a class full of Fett clones. I hope the bounty hunter class gets a range for customizing characters.

Posted: Jun 7th 2010 8:20PM deadborder said

Do us a favour - never say "Mandalorian" and "Karen Traviss" in the same sentance.

Posted: Jun 7th 2010 9:20PM Wisdomandlore said

What's your problem with Karen Traviss? In the mediocre sea of Star Wars writers lately, she's probably one of the best.

Posted: Jun 7th 2010 10:08PM deadborder said

What's wrong with her? She's not known as a "Boba Fettishist" for nothing.

What's wrong with her is her obsession with the Mandalorians and depicting them as the greatest thing in the universe. Under her writing, every line of dialouge in her books is talking about one of three things: How good the Mandalorians are, how much the Jedi suck or, most annoyingly, how much better the Mandalorians are then the sucky Jedi.

She's also so Mandalorian-obsessive that major plot points that have nothing to do with the aforesaid are relegated to minor side notes. (BLANK) major character just died, but we really want to know about Boba Fett's agonies of being a single father.

Oh, that and, in a real "Godiwns Law" moment, she compares to people who don't like her work to the Taliban. Stay classy, Karen.

Posted: Jun 8th 2010 12:44AM Wisdomandlore said

To be fair, the Jedi have sucked pretty badly since the beginning of the New Jedi Order. They're a bunch of namby-pampy, do-nothings who sit around debating whether it's moral to defend their galaxy from annihilation. In contrast, the Mandalorians are infinitely cooler.

Posted: Jun 10th 2010 9:23PM (Unverified) said

@Deadborder

Well, to be fair the majority of the books she wrote were from a Mando point of view , so of course theres going to be Mando bias in them...beyond the fact that Jedi are compulsive kidnappers tends make them not so cool.

Yes, I said it Jedi are kidnappers , because its what they do they see a Force Sensitive child and pluck them from their family "because its right" , telling everyone that they know whats best for them and taking the Moral "high ground" to which the galaxy is supposed to trust them cause say to..meh

Posted: Jun 8th 2010 11:17AM (Unverified) said

Check me here, but I thought that Boba was not in fact a clone, but was the ACTUAL son of Jango Fett. All others were the clones. I would swear that this is supported in the prequels as well as the Clone Wars animated series.

Posted: Jun 8th 2010 11:24AM Larry Everett said

Boba Fett was an unaltered clone of Jango Fett.

Posted: Jun 10th 2010 8:51PM (Unverified) said

"Some would say you cannot be a true Star Wars fan unless you are a fan of Mandalorians."

I loved the original three movies when I was a child. Haven't much cared for the new ones. I actually had no clue who Mandelorians were till I read this. I'll probably play the new Star Wars MMO so I hope it doesn't come across as arrogant that I really don't care about being a "true Star Wars fan" as defined by that sentence.

WoW Archivist: A Glyphmas story