Posted: Jun 7th 2010 10:13PM CCon99 said

I was worried updates would get slower after the big layoffs they had, but it looks like they're coming quicker now. I'm not thrilled with the addition of a fast traveling system, hopefully it's very limited in how it's used.

Posted: Jun 7th 2010 11:38PM Graill440 said

• Half a heart
I had hope for this game but it never materialized during or after the testing phases. Graphics are still subpar and weapon classes are still poorly thought out. Combat is...clunky at best.

Someone needs to get the fallout series out............

Posted: Jun 8th 2010 9:05AM Thac0 said

fwiw grail i agree, don't let the haters get you down.

Posted: Jun 8th 2010 1:47AM Enikuo said

I just didn't get this game. I played the free trial. I thought the concept was really cool and I really liked the 'vibe,' especially with the soundtrack and the look, but I just didn't understand the ultimate goal.

Is the point that there is no point? Do you just level and gather gear and improve your character and that's the game? Or, is there some form of endgame (PvE or PvP) that I didn't learn about? I'm not criticizing. I just wish someone that loves this game could enlighten me.

Posted: Jun 8th 2010 4:09AM (Unverified) said

There's PvP. Whether that is the ultimate endgame or not, feel free to speculate, but to me this game felt more like Eve and less like WoW, where it was essentially a big sandbox to do as you want with. A little bit more restrictive from the company standpoint than CCP is, but this game is really still in it's infancy.

Long way to say, endgame is pretty much what you want to do with it.

Posted: Jun 8th 2010 5:07AM Potajito said

I think the ultimate goal of the game is to have fun...

Posted: Jun 8th 2010 7:25AM Dartanis said

Dev 1: the people want more options, and more choices ingame so they can do what they want.
Dev 2: cool lets give it to them!
-12 months later-
Player 1:Whats the point of this game?

Posted: Jun 8th 2010 11:34AM (Unverified) said

Well every bug in terms of PvE is still here after the patch, some of them still here after 2 patches, so I'm wondering what these patches are actually for.

Besides adding more stuff to have bugs I suppose.

Betawatch: October 18 - 24, 2014