Posted: Jun 7th 2010 11:08AM (Unverified) said

I had no intention of going and normally I wouldn't have any intention of watching it live, however finding out about whatever the new MMO is at the same time as everyone there (and about 5 minutes before the news will be all over the internet) has its attractions.

Posted: Jun 7th 2010 12:39PM (Unverified) said

Not even 5 minutes thanks to the live stream through DirecTV. I'll enjoy the panels from the comfort of my room thank you very much.

Posted: Jun 7th 2010 3:35PM TheJackman said

Who say they will say anything about the new mmo... it may still take up to 4 years before we even see a pic of it!

Posted: Jun 7th 2010 7:09PM yeppers said

@Jack... true story. I went in 2007 right after they announced SC2. Here we are in 2010 and just now getting ready to release. My wife (who doesn't play any video games) and I had a great time. I'll save my money and my ears listening to the morons heckle Jay Mohr all weekend -- if they're still doing that -- and just watch the plethora of free websites and twitters giving almost-live coverage. Like it's been said, though, definitely worth going if you've never been and you love WoW.

Posted: Jun 7th 2010 11:14AM (Unverified) said

Owned.

Posted: Jun 7th 2010 11:26AM Justpotatoes said

"Additional conventions can not be launched..." LOL

It's a bit ironic that just as this was posted, I received word from Last Straw productions that the LFG Expo has been postponed until next year, due to low attendance and low developer support (and poor marketing, IMHO.)

So with Blizzcon sold out, and LFG dead, I suppose I'm off to Fan Faire. Maybe I'll just stick with Comic-Con.

Posted: Jun 7th 2010 12:02PM Triskelion said

I've been to 3 of the last 4 Blizzcons, I am a Blizzard and WoW fanboy. The last Blizzcon sucked so bad. The show itself was great, but there are just way too many people going now. I remember standing in line to pick-up our badges, there were 16,000 people trying to get through about 21 stations, it took over 3 hours. And that was just to pick up tickets!

Then the following morning we went over about 2 hours early and we were about 1.5 miles from the opening door, in another line, then the line to get to the Blizzcon store. Like I said; the content is great, the hassles to get there, find a seat, and view it sucks.

I didn't even bother trying to get a ticket, none of my friends, not my sons even wanted to go.

But if you've never gone to a Blizzcon, and you are a fan of Blizzard or WoW then I highly recommend going to one. But just prepare yourself for lines upon lines, long waits and lines.

Posted: Jun 7th 2010 12:23PM yeppers said

I'm saving my dinero for Arenacon (a.k.a. Pax).

Posted: Jun 7th 2010 12:23PM (Unverified) said

See - proof that WOW on the decline! The second batch took a whopping 28 minutes to sell out. Way to drop the ball Blizzard! Hehe

Posted: Jun 7th 2010 1:17PM VioletArrows said

Actually, looking at the wow.com articles, both days they sold out in less than 30 seconds in queue, the other 30 minutes or so is so the computer could catch up to the thousands of people bombing the site.

Never mind at least a quarter of those tickets were immediately scalped... *snicker*