Posted: Jun 5th 2010 10:36AM (Unverified) said

This weekend Im doing my best to finish FF XII :)

Question suggeston for next week inspired by Larry Everetts response:-

"If you could spend your weekend living in the world of an mmo, what mmo would you choose?

Posted: Jun 5th 2010 10:40AM (Unverified) said

I will prolly just be playing RDR and maybe a few other PS3 games I haven't played in a while. Sadly I won't be able to play any EVE Online sense I found out the my laptop (a Dell XPS M1530) has a defunct graphics card and I need to deal with dell tech support and get a replacement. *shutters at the thought of dell tech support*

Posted: Jun 5th 2010 12:15PM Tizmah said

I will be raiding in Age of Conan, and grinding more esteem tokens with my assassin! :)

Posted: Jun 5th 2010 12:35PM (Unverified) said

I have an itch to try the free trial of either SWG or EQ2, but I can't force myself to download either...maybe the fact that they are both pretty old games is making me hesitate. I own SWG retail and played for a year from launch, and I don't know if I want to corrupt my extremely fond memories of the time I spent there.

I will probably just stick to Age of Conan and level my 53 Barbarian and 52 Guardian (on Cimmeria) a bit, since I'm paying to play it. I am absolutely loving that game, and I'm glad I made the investment back in November (although I didn't start subscribing until ROTG released).

I also am very curious about the Aion 1.9 patch, it's already downloaded on my system, but I don't know if I can convince myself to re-sub. I really enjoyed Aion, and I don't have a problem grinding in any game; I tend to play solo until level cap anyway, and I've always found, for me personally, that the ride to the cap in any MMORPG has been much more satisfying than actually getting to end-game and trying to find stuff to do--I'm also an altaholic, so I tend to have a few 'mains' at once in every game. The exception being WoW, where I had a good guild, and good friends (pre-WOTLK) to pvp and raid with.

So many games out there worth playing, but not enough time. :(

Posted: Jun 5th 2010 1:34PM Macabre 13 said

Brendan (and anyone else, for that matter), I see you're in to Heroes of Newerth, and I've heard good things, but have you tried League of Legends?

I know I keep plugging it, but it really is a phenomenal little game, and their F2P model is perfect. You don't have to spend a penny to be competitive and just as capable as anyone else, yet they do such a great job with new heroes and skins that you'll be itchin' to drop a few bones in no time.

I can't say LoL is necessarily better than HoN, as I have yet to play the latter, but having been an avid DotA player, LoL is definitely more to my liking based on what I've read of HoN. The community is more casual, as is the game. There's no creep/tower denying to hassle with, you don't lose gold for dying to enemy heroes (which makes mistakes/bad plays a bit more forgiving), and ganks/big team battles are constant right out the gates, even before the first creep wave arrives! Epic comebacks are also commonplace, since games aren't generally "decided" within the first 5-15 minutes like they were in DotA.

HoN looks great too, but I highly recommend people give LoL a try. It's free, so what have ya got to lose?

And now for my shameless referral plug :)

Try it! Even if you go back to HoN, you'll appreciate LoL.

Posted: Jun 6th 2010 5:27PM (Unverified) said

Both communities are kind of intimidating for people who have never played that genre of game. I pre-purchased HoN but have never played a game. It's a beautiful game based on the tutorial. I have about $40 invested in LoL and it's more newbie friendly than HoN (but not much). Many, many babies.... or toddlers throwing tantrums.

Posted: Jun 5th 2010 3:10PM Orvidos said

Watching the EVE Alliance Tournament, and doing some casual pirating between matches. Also strongly considering making a miner/missioner, as I slowly bleed credits, even with my marginally profitable pirating.

Posted: Jun 5th 2010 5:11PM (Unverified) said

The owls are not what they seem.

Posted: Jun 6th 2010 9:07AM mrdrum81 said

Well, I will, and have been, playing alot of Lord of the Rings Online lately, trying to get my Champion up to level 65 before the summers end. Over half way there....although, since the XP needed increases exponentially, I'm probably no where near half way.

I will also probably play some Heavy Rain and maybe load up some Team Fortress 2 for good measure!

WRUP: WildStar's sadface