Posted: Jun 5th 2010 12:38PM Taawa said

I'd be really surprised if we had an expansion of the conventional nature, with a level cap increase and new playable races. Judging from their dearth of customer service and slow patch cycle, Mythic seems to be resource starved. Maybe we'll get another live expansion similar to Land of the Dead, that's Skaven themed. Maybe the realms will invade Skavenblight.

The game's in really good shape now. The RvR lakes are active. Scenarios pop. The new contested cities are fun and nicely done. I would not be surprised if WAR had a significant surge of players leading up to the expansion.

Posted: Jun 5th 2010 9:34PM GaaaaaH said

The problem is that you now need to determine what is conventional for an MMO.
New content - sure
Cap increase - debateable: what improvement will it actually bring to a game?

Posted: Jun 5th 2010 1:33PM (Unverified) said

Unless that expansion pack brings a 3rd tier I don't think I'll be able to bring myself back to the war.

Posted: Jun 5th 2010 1:33PM (Unverified) said

By tier I mean faction, sorry the caffeine is slow to wake me today.

Posted: Jun 5th 2010 2:36PM (Unverified) said

I wonder if with the recent news of Lotro going F2P and the turn around success of DDO if WAR would consider moving towards a similar pricing model.

A new faction would do wonders for the games RvR imo, just as it did in DAoC. I might even think about returning if this happens.

Posted: Jun 6th 2010 3:36AM johnnliu said

I had the same thought, but then I remembered that WAR's 1st tier is already free to play forever.

By the time someone new gets to the end of the 1st tier they'd either like the game and subscribe, or not like the game and give up.

I think the last thing WAR needs is another surge of numbers. They need to get the game right, and then grow it over time.

Sucking in lots of free loaders would bring back a lot of the vocal opinions that crash the game the first time.

Good luck WAR!

Posted: Jun 5th 2010 4:31PM Deadalon said

War is a free to play quality game. There will be no Xpacks since most of the team has left for other games. If there will be any news of WAR - it will be about the game going free to play.

Posted: Jun 5th 2010 4:39PM (Unverified) said

There was some talk of the Skaven being a 3rd faction. But if they do this, I don't think they'll make them playable, but rather an NPC 3rd faction much like in Aion.

That seems like the most logical thing for them to do with the whole 3rd faction thing. I don't think they can afford adding a playable 3rd faction, with new RvR lakes, a City, quest chains and all that good stuff.

Posted: Jun 5th 2010 8:00PM (Unverified) said

I'm just trying to be positive and hope Mythic throws some good freakin shit our way. :)

Posted: Jun 6th 2010 8:45AM (Unverified) said

If they added skaven in a third faction, I would definetly resub.

Posted: Jun 6th 2010 9:34AM GenericPerson said

The game obviously still has its flaws. But from what I've seen of the ingame, its the people that make this game worth playing. Came back two weekends ago and resubbed this past week and not looking back. Whatever Mythic decides to do I'm sure it'll be in the best interests of the game, if that is a third faction (playable or not) then so be it.

Posted: Jun 6th 2010 6:56PM Degu said

I might come back if they had playable rodent-men...until I had to grind ward gear again for sieges, ugh.

Posted: Jun 7th 2010 5:21AM (Unverified) said

I resubbed two weeks ago, and i have to say the game is much better than i remembered (i played last at 1.3.2). It is still not as polished as some other products, but pvp and rvr is a blast, and the new city siege is much better as the old one. Also for some reason it plays _much_ smoother, fps is far better than i remembered, even in larger battles it does not totally freeze my machine as it used to be :)

I am really hoping for a thrid faction (skaven, undead and nurgle-chaos maybe?), but i dont really believe they will do it. I think it will be another lotd-like live expansion, which i find a bit cheap. However i will still play this one for some time.

Posted: Jun 7th 2010 11:42AM (Unverified) said

Game is a blast right now. Yall are missin out.

Betawatch: November 22 - 28, 2014