Posted: Jun 4th 2010 9:17PM ultimateq said

"Being online is about taking your awesomeness and like putting it up on a counter and saying "listen, check out my awesomeness!" and like turning into a hammer and like beating the crap out of someone with your awesomeness."

Interesting.

As entertaining as that video is, Need for Speed style racing games have never done it for me, just to arcadey. Though I do wish the best for this game and anyone who decides to play it. I am all for racing MMO's, and I would like to see the genre do well.

Posted: Jun 4th 2010 11:39PM (Unverified) said

So, in order to beat someone in a race, I have to get up on a counter and turn into a hammer?

Posted: Jun 4th 2010 11:56PM Wraibot said

It's just a Test Drive: Unlimited clone... it's not a new concept at all. Test Drive: Unlimited has been out since 2007. I don't think it ever got very popular but it allowed everyone to see each other online and race against others in online races. (challenge people as you drive around too) It didn't have leveling or cops but it was an excellent game. That and TDU was based on the entire island of Ohau in Hawaii (the entire island, yes you could drive anywhere on the island)

IGN's review of TDU here: http://pc.ign.com/articles/778/778075p1.html

Oh and if you thought previous NFS titles had arcadey handling... I'd stay very, very far away from NFS World.

Posted: Jun 5th 2010 8:54AM SgtBaker said

Aaah! My Hammer of Awesomeness Crusssshhh!
And you all totally my my b1eatchez!

Right.

Well I'm quite secure with my awesomeness, I don't have to put it on a counter nor do I have to hammer anyone with it so I guess I don't really have to get this game.

(lol)

Posted: Jun 4th 2010 11:11PM Crode said

Wow are these guys a joke or what?

I'm surprised he didn't say he was going to make me his b1tch.

Posted: Jun 4th 2010 11:26PM eggmanjr said

It was implied

Posted: Jun 5th 2010 12:45AM Graill440 said

..sigh....nuff said.

Posted: Jun 5th 2010 10:24AM (Unverified) said

Interesting video. I actually enjoy seeing a dev just mess around for once, saying something stupid. I hope he was just messing around anyways :P

In playing the NFS: World beta, I really do enjoy it. It does feel arcadey (I mean, you get powerups like Juggernaut, which lets you plow through a car without losing speed) but I really am enjoying it. And this is coming from someone who spent countless hours in TOCA Race Driver 3 and GRID.

Now, what separates from the failed games, like Motor City Online and TDU? Well MCO only had US cars, and the lag was pretty nasty. As for TDU, I'm not sure why it failed, it looks neat. The reason I think NFS: World won't fail... well, there's actually two, first off, the branding. The Need for Speed name is quite popular and it grabs press and people take second glances. I have been a life long NFS fan (Canyon and ProStreet don't exist, got it? :P) and this is a pretty neat game for me and others. Secondly and most importantly, have we mentioned NFS: World will be free? You will be able to play for free, forever, although you can only progress to a certain level (I heard 13 somewhere) for free, then you must buy the starter pack for 20 bucks. But, even at 13 (or whatever the lock out it) you can still race and do pursuits and I believe earn money, just not experience points.

It should be a neat foray and I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Posted: Jun 5th 2010 12:19PM dudemanjac said

I like their enthusiasm. And it seems like it could be fun. Don't know if I want to pay for it, though