Posted: Jun 3rd 2010 4:55PM (Unverified) said

Thanks for the interview! I just sub'd but just not sure if I can handle the performance issues...I mean I can run AoC fine but EQ2 just seems to stutter. Throw in 3.0 = migraine. Going to keep hangin' for awhile though.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2010 5:18PM (Unverified) said

Just resubbed to EQ2 last night after an awesome thing came my way. I started over, New Halas, Barbie Mystic..As it should be played, you know. lol.

I'm not even to New halas yet, still plodding away at the new content, and am loving every second of it. Hit 14 on my first playthrough, and am not going to show any sign of stopping soon. Pretty excited about everything and this should be great.

Now, I can't run the 3.0 on this here lappy, otherwise it runs like a dream..not necessarily on high :) I'm sure the small issues I'm having with performance will work themselves out once I finish streaming this client (What a great/horrible idea, SOE lol). Only 10.5 gigs to go -_-

Gotta give a little love to The Tattered Notebook, for driving that itch to play again into a rash that must be scratched.

Posted: Jun 4th 2010 6:05AM (Unverified) said

Weez, what server you on?

Posted: Jun 3rd 2010 6:01PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
I wont ever play a soe title again.....they can keep adding content all they want...I played eq2 from beta up until 2 weeks ago......the treatment the csr's gave me on a character transfer was inexcusable.....I canceled my sub.....uninstalled the game and shredded my discs.
Love the game and the way it looks - hate the company. They need to re-do the entire csr staff before doing another expansion

Posted: Jun 3rd 2010 7:07PM (Unverified) said

They need to worry about doing some maintenance on what they've already got in game before they continue adding more of it.

Lag's at an unacceptable level, class balance is completely out of whack, itemization is in a shameful state and Battlegrounds are more like turtle matches now that no one actually dies anymore.

Adding a new starting zone and minor graphic fluff when you should have been worrying about the problems plaguing your game? Get your priorities straight, guys.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2010 7:12PM Justpotatoes said

Plans for Freeport and Qenyos that involve potential ganking? Hmm... Guess the FP guards might start doing more than just kick us in the head?

Honestly, the New Halas quests seem very dry to me, but I love the art! The new housing is soooo pretty.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2010 7:13PM Justpotatoes said

Bah... Qeynos. Stupid typo. :)

Posted: Jun 3rd 2010 8:41PM (Unverified) said

EQ2 performance is greatly determined by your cpu and memory speeds. I run it maxed at around 30-50fps and balanced at 80-140fps with an i5-750 and a 4850 so maybe it is time to upgrade your cpu.

Posted: Jun 4th 2010 4:18AM Miffy said

Didn't know Dave was back with SOE, he was great over at Planetside but I thought he fell out with them over Planetside. I mean the way SOE managed that game with the rushed release and the crappy expansion noone wanted 3 months after launch with like a week testing.

Betawatch: November 22 - 28, 2014