Posted: Jun 3rd 2010 11:13AM swarmofcats said

Can't wait to spend hours and hours checking out all the new stuff this weekend. Most everything they have in the patch seems to add new dimensions on top of an already awesome game.

If anyone hasn't tried the trial of this game yet, it's well worth the download if you have any interest in multiplayer shooters. Easily some of the best combat and graphics you can get from an online game nowadays, now with additional customization and playstyles... now is a perfect time to discover GA if you haven't already!

Posted: Jun 3rd 2010 11:20AM Pewpdaddy said

Ditto!! The game has really sucked me in over the last few weeks. Then the news that Sandstorm was hitting today popped up in City chat last night. Pick it up, shoot lots of people in the face. Log off, or hop in and AvA for hours. A real blast, I'm with you looking forward to checking out and gearing up all my toons. All but my Assault are nearly 30 with the Medic leading the pack at 31. Can't speak towards any of the new PvE, but I'll dive in tonight for sure if the servers make it up before Midnight EST.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2010 2:03PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
what a farce.
Are you guys using Twitter too? Everyone is! Gotta know twitter if you want to be in marketing!

Posted: Jun 3rd 2010 1:19PM Kinau said

Ahahaha look at the wannabe marketing the above two posts represent. Both with similar styles, very correct grammar and actually sounding like two execs discussing a game...or a dev giving an interview. Sorry pals, your words sounds hollow and there is no depth to their shalloweness.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2010 5:44PM (Unverified) said

Good thing you swung into action with your cliche trolling to balance out the positivity.

Posted: Jun 4th 2010 9:10AM Seraphina Brennan said

Guys, keep it to the topic and don't aim at one another. If you don't like Global Agenda, that's fine, but there's no need to attack other commenters for their opinions.

Thank you!

~Sera

Posted: Jun 3rd 2010 1:18PM (Unverified) said

@ royale/pewpdaddy

Giantbomb gave this game a scathing Quicklook which essentially outlined how terrible this game was to them. I suppose there's always standard deviation in opinion, but it's surprising to see two people recommending this game so adamantly.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2010 9:13PM swarmofcats said

Granted, the game isn't for everyone. I've told people before if they are looking for an open world, questing, run from town to town and talk to NPCs MMO that GA is not the game for them. However, if you're into shooters and team-based PVP that is quick and easy to get into, you really can't go wrong here.

They actually improved some of the PVE content to the point where I'm actually enjoying that, too. I didn't really like it before but it seems more rewarding with the loot now. And yes, by popular demand, there is actually a bit of solo content now so you're not forced to be in a group all the time.

On top of that, that the game doesn't doesn't demand a monthly fee if you just want to hop in for a few hours every week and get your fix. You can pay for the box and play it whenever you want without being tied to a subscription. If you decide it's worth the extra money you have the option to pay for extra content, but you get access to tons of stuff without ever having to pay another dime if you don't want to.

I'm totally psyched for the game. Awesome combat, slick graphics, easy to get into without requiring massive time investments... I just love it.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2010 2:09PM Dracones said

Right. Because if Giantbomb didn't like the game, then it can't be good.

It's a very solid game from an indy company. My biggest complaint was a lack of flavor in gear which this patch seems to fix. Also the free trial/bought box/subscription tiers will continue to be confusing.

It costs nothing to try out, there's a free trial which is pretty much the complete game. Why not form your own opinion?

Posted: Jun 3rd 2010 2:38PM Enikuo said

I played the demo and thought it was fun. Mark's right, you can just download the free trial and form your own opinion.

The Giantbomb first look didn't sound very insightful to me. They seemed more interested in trying to sound cool and cavalier than they were in actually reviewing the game.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2010 3:18PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Did you actually watch the Quick Look? It doesn't sound like you did, or else you'd probably know it's called a Quick Look. They also weren't reviewing it, they were simply playing it to show people what it's like, hence the name Quick Look and not Quick Review.

We could get into an argument about whether critic opinion is worth more than a user's and what a critic's opinion is truly worth. Or perhaps whether the user is biased because they purchased said game, etc. etc. but I won't be back to this thread to read it. I don't have the time and I really don't care about anything other than posting my own posts and having the last say.

I hope, truly, that you at least find my honesty refreshing. Best regards.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2010 3:50PM Enikuo said

I watched the Quick Look. And, I stand by what I said. They just sounded self-important to me...like a couple of catty women.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2010 2:39PM silvertemplar said

Geez, bunch of trolls in here. Been playing this game for 2 months, love it and looking forward to the new changes.

It still not an "MMO" for me, but since i'm not paying a sub to play this and treating it like a fresh Tribers/Team Fortress 2 can't complain at all with the hours i put into this game :)

Posted: Jun 3rd 2010 2:43PM silvertemplar said

oh and for in case people so happily dissing this game without even trialing it, need some perspective , awesome fan vid:

Posted: Jun 3rd 2010 3:18PM ed anger said

GA can be a lot of fun, personally I'm not sure if 1.3 really addresses the problems with AvA that have lead to one Agency dominating the game. And the changes that make the game more MMO-ish aren't aimed at me, I'd prefer it more skill and not level/item based. The devs definitely do care about the game and have been making a lot of changes, so best of luck to them.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2010 9:28PM swarmofcats said

I had reservations about the new loot system at first, but now that I've seen it I think they've done a good job balancing the new items and upgrades. It allows you to customize and improve your character without becoming totally imbalanced once you have top of the line stuff.

People complained that they had nothing to work towards or felt like they weren't rewarded for their efforts, so the item system is here to give players some shiny stuff to earn and look forward to.

Posted: Jun 4th 2010 11:02AM Pewpdaddy said

If I'm in marketing can I assume my checks in the mail?

I'm an MMO vet, however as of late time has been short for me. I typically put in anywhere from 30-50+ hours a week gaming. I've been all over the place the past few months.... Bought GA about 2 months ago and it's been silently lurking on my desktop. When Fallen Earth kinda went blah for me, I picked GA back up. Call me what you want, but I really liked TF2. This game at least in its current state is much more a shooter than an MMO. Hi Rez is working to change that, to make it more like the game they marketed. An MMO with twitch combat. The big part of the PvE patch isnt until Update 2, the current update is mostly GUI and mechanics.

Posted: Jun 4th 2010 11:04PM (Unverified) said

I guess I could say I am a long time MMO Player (I used to hurry home from school to play the open beta of RO when they had just added archers and people claimed they were OP because they could attack from cliffs lol), but I am also a PC FPS fan. No GA isnt a MMO in the traditional sense but it really hits a lot of chords for me. Character progression, skill progression, awesome sci-fi elements and the best part? ITS FUN!

It takes all the best parts of a game like TF2 throws in some character progression, throws in persistent clan battles and now will be adding open world PVE.

The game scratches several itches for me.

Posted: Jun 5th 2010 5:03PM (Unverified) said

Exactly. So many MMOs lose track of the most important thing: Is it fun to log in and kill stuff? With GA the answer to this question is a resounding "yes!"