Posted: Jun 1st 2010 9:24AM Wisdomandlore said

Thank god there's a new battle system coming. The current one looked mind-numbingly boring. I could understand how it made sense in the context of a FF game, but I didn't see how anyone was going to find it fun, especially the vast array of MMO fans. Now I'm curious to see what will replace it.

Posted: Jun 1st 2010 10:58AM Cendres said

I'd love to see gambling areas opened up as well as the arena, it would just awesome let's say to be able to play Tetra Master inside the game ^_^

My favorite Q&A comes at the end of the second interview:

DP: Were there any main points you focused on when you created the world view?
KI: The theme is to create the basis that users can spread their imagination freely. My final goal is to make worlds which can accept all the dramas and back-stories that users have created for themselves and are not described in the game itself.

I wonder if we'll see things like books from Eq2, or just support for RP like places for events and such, marriages are sure to come back I would think. I hope houses will be at release, 'in the future' always makes me nervous. :S I was under the impression that was already in the works from other interviews, but SteveManly is usually more accurate (damn it!)

Posted: Jun 1st 2010 11:26AM Audacious said

I don't know if you've ever read a translated interview between two Japanese speakers before or not, but lines like the one you quoted are very commonplace regardless of the game in question. These translated interviews tend to have a childlike, wishy washy quality to them like that more often than not, and while I agree these things would be interesting, I wouldn't doubt that very similar sounding comments were made during XI's production.

In other words, don't put too much stock in the statement.

Posted: Jun 1st 2010 12:23PM Cendres said

When someone says: 'my final goal is'... Of course it's not something you're going to be immediately aware of, however the mere fact that it's behind their thought process is a hell of lot more promising then devs who say 'mayyyyyybe' and really mean 'we have no plans to go there'. It's a lot like the infamous Aion vision trailer that won't become reality until 2 years from now.. ;P (if that..)

FFXI already has some of this stuff in place.

Posted: Jun 1st 2010 12:06PM MrCassian said

I knew the battle system was a placeholder. When FFXI's battle system looks more entertaining, you know it needs work. Since it wasn't the actual system, I wonder what it'll be like now?

Posted: Jun 1st 2010 1:32PM Khaiser Soze said

I hope to god there is something equal or better than the Skill Chain System.

Magic Bursts are just way too damn cool!

Posted: Jun 1st 2010 3:18PM Kaio said

Don't know if people have seen the same Alpha videos I have but the battle system looked way more exciting than most MMOs out there. I hope they don't completely change it.