Posted: Jun 1st 2010 12:10PM TexRob said

Pocket Legends for iPad and iPhone is insanely good for a F2P MMO in general, but it still amazes me that it is so polished and good considering it is the first true mobile MMO, and it is still in it's infancy. This game, if nothing else, is a proof of concept that I hope opens the doors for many more like it.

Posted: Jun 1st 2010 12:22PM KorbenDallas said

Wow. If its the authors intention to be outcastedly different, he succeeded. :)

Posted: Jun 1st 2010 12:26PM (Unverified) said

Earth Eternal and The Chronicles of Spellborn are both a lot of fun! Agreed!

Posted: Jun 1st 2010 12:31PM (Unverified) said

Yup, some of those games are in my top 10 list as well.

Posted: Jun 1st 2010 12:39PM (Unverified) said

BOI has swallowed my soul.

Posted: Jun 1st 2010 1:06PM (Unverified) said

My top five, in no particular order:

Fantasy Earth Zero
Soul of the Ultimate Nation
Lunia
Dungeons and Dragons Online
Runes of Magic
honorable mention to Battle of the Immortals and Dungeon Fighter Online.

Great F2P non-traditional games like Alliance of Valiant Arms, GunZ, and League of Legends also deserve mention.

Posted: Jun 1st 2010 1:29PM Beau Hindman said

A coupla' points:

I had actually made a top 10 list, but wanted to force myself to point out the games that seriously take up the most time. Also, the games that I repeatedly go back to. This was very hard to make! lol

Also, Alganon was supposed to be number 5, being that I have spent more time in it lately. But, Spellborn just has that spot in my heart, I am such a fanboy for that game.

Thanks for the comments so far guys!

Beau

Posted: Jun 1st 2010 11:15PM (Unverified) said

Why would a subscription-free commercial title like Alganon be in a list of top free-to-play games?

Posted: Jun 1st 2010 11:43PM Beau Hindman said

Well, because I consider it FTP, or at least Freemium. If I can have Free Realms in there, I can have Alganon in there. Granted, you *have* to buy the box in order to gain access, but at least it is a tiny fee.

Also, because it's good. :)

Beau

Posted: Jun 1st 2010 1:35PM (Unverified) said

hmm...
League of Legends (remember this is top F2P) great for hardcore to casual DoTA players.

Dungeons and Dragon, lots of content and relatively cheap micro transactions, can be statistically confusing at times.

Runes of Magic, for those who need a WoW fix.

TCoS is decent, just suffers from tiny player base and dev abandonment.

I'd have to give my last spot to the Adventure Quest World. For a while it was the only thing I could waste my time with at work.

Posted: Jun 1st 2010 1:46PM Beau Hindman said

I hadn't checked out LoL...but I "hear" people say that it really isn't an MMO...is it really instanc-y, or what are the reasons people might say that?

I need to put it down on my list.

Beau

Posted: Jun 1st 2010 2:56PM (Unverified) said

All LoL is 3v3 and 5v5 Defense of the Ancients style combat. Both teams have a base with towers in each lane, 3 lanes for 5v5 and 2 lanes for 3v3. Take down enemy base and u win. Throw in some unique champs and summoner lvling and u get a really good game for new people and experts a like.

I wasn't a huge fan of Warcraft 3's DoTa AllStars, but I have a lot of fun in LoL.

Posted: Jun 1st 2010 1:55PM Enikuo said

My list is a bit smaller:

Runes of Magic
Perfect World
Tales of Fantasy

It seems like I'm constantly installing and trying new free to play games, but those three are the only ones that have managed to stay on my hard drive.

I keep noticing positive feedback for Earth Eternal and Mabinogi, so I think I'll be trying those out next.

Posted: Jun 1st 2010 2:22PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Here's a list of my favorite F2P games:

[This space intentionally left blank.]

Enjoy!

Posted: Jun 2nd 2010 5:30AM alucard3000 said

lol funny a person who doesnt waste his time playing f2p games wasting his time reading and responding to an article about f2p games

Posted: Jun 1st 2010 2:25PM (Unverified) said

LoL isn't an MMO, it's an RTS. It's basically a stand-alone version of a Warcraft 3 mod. You start in a lobby where you can make a game or join one. You do get to select a hero to play as and level/gear up. But each game you start at level 1. The whole point is to push into the enemies base and destroy their main building.

Posted: Jun 1st 2010 2:31PM (Unverified) said

Well here is my list.

BoI
Dungeons and Dragon
LoL

My list is short but coming this july it won't be :P

Posted: Jun 1st 2010 4:09PM (Unverified) said

No particular order....

Kart Rider
Dungeons and Dragons
LoL
Earth Eternal
Maple Story

Honorable mentions would be,

Quake Live
Gunbound

Posted: Jun 1st 2010 2:47PM Audacious said

Shin Megami Tensei Imagine isn't perfect, but the moment that game gets its stuff together and eases the leveling process, I can only see greatness in its future.

Posted: Jun 1st 2010 3:05PM Seraphina Brennan said

Agreed. Much love to Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine. :)