Posted: May 31st 2010 2:28PM mysecretid said

Thanks for the fun picture, Pojoh! Remember -- what happens on Risa, stays on Risa -- unless it's a nasty love-rash! (but hey, that's why ships have a Sickbay!)

Posted: May 31st 2010 2:39PM aurickle said

You know, until I realized I was looking at a Ferengi I thought this was a shot from Second Life. The picture captures a cool atmosphere, but the graphics are horrible for a game that just released.

Posted: May 31st 2010 3:17PM mysecretid said

Screenshots in STO never seem to do the game's graphics justice, much like screens in LotRO, Age of Conan, and a few others.

I'm not saying that you'd necessarily like the game graphics anyway, only that I've found a noticeable drop from the visual quality I experience in-game, versus what I see in the screenshots I take. (using a Radeon HD 5870, if that matters).

All this presumes you were making a genuine observation, of course, and it wasn't just the "Sakura Park" brigade starting their usual thread destruction early. Cheers! :-)

Posted: May 31st 2010 6:04PM yeppers said

@mysecretid. Please don't put LotRO and AoC screenshots in the same category as STO's. Ahem... ya look at the poorly scaled lounge chairs and garages... er I mean ... bungalows.

Posted: May 31st 2010 3:04PM nomad73 said

Your description of the meaning of Memorial Day is very uninformed, you may want to look it up and change it in the article. The point of the day is to honor those who have fallen in battle and payed the ultimate price, not simply because they are serving or have served.

Posted: May 31st 2010 3:22PM Darkdust said

Correct. The writer seems to have confused it with Veterans Day.

Posted: May 31st 2010 4:20PM (Unverified) said

I'd take a screenshot, but since in EVE you can't leave your ship (yet), you'd just see an image of a Rifter spinning inside a station...

Posted: May 31st 2010 4:42PM (Unverified) said

Is the guy behind the Ferenghi punching himself in the kidneys? Also is that Commander William Riker shaking his groove thing on the right side?

Posted: May 31st 2010 7:06PM (Unverified) said

1. Yes.

2. I believe the correct word is "thang".

Posted: Jun 1st 2010 9:25AM Harley Dude said

My God, that is freakin hideous. Were those the lowest graphic settings? What kind of MMO launched in 2010 can't even have a decent /sit emote? The two girls look like they're hovering over those beach chairs.

WoW Archivist: Epics