Posted: May 30th 2010 8:07PM BelShamharoth said

More and more shinies, but no new features/content. What a surprise.

Posted: May 30th 2010 8:30PM (Unverified) said

Have they added anything new since release, content-wise?

Posted: May 30th 2010 9:38PM (Unverified) said

@Landeyda

Aside from holiday events (with their quest lines), since release they've added:

Pirates Plunder mini-game. Soccer job and quest line added. They finally got around to adding quests and leveling for the kart racing and demolition derby, although the total randomness of both means many people, including myself, stopped playing them last year. Also added were the Queen Valerian quest line. Fishing job was added with just a few quests. Housing and building blocks are newish. A few minor things have been added here and there. Can't think of anything else at the moment, but might be missing something.

No new areas opened up. I really thought a new section would be added for the 1st year anniversary, so was disappointed when we got nothing but another 'holiday event' bit, even if it was fairly nice.

No third 'race' added either. Again, I wonder if we'll ever see anything new in this area.

Combat was nerfed. Pet training removed.

No news about anything other than Station Cash items these days. I don't know if SOE pulled the plug on any further major development or if they are just putting all their main effort into the possible PS3 version? Or maybe the rumors of FR being a huge loss are true and they've moved most of the devs to the upcoming DC Universe game?

Posted: May 31st 2010 2:11AM (Unverified) said

Wade, thank you for the information. I played in beta and release for, hm, maybe a month or so. Did everything I found of interest and left, waiting for new zones to be put in. When I returned a few months back I saw none of the zones were added and haven't touched it since.

A shame, though, the game did have potential as a second MMO for a lot of gamers who just want to relax a bit and play some fun mini-games.

Oh, and what happened to combat? Did they change it a lot?

Posted: May 31st 2010 9:52AM (Unverified) said

"Oh, and what happened to combat? Did they change it a lot?"

Spam "1" with an occasional "2" and rarely "3".

I didn't play SWG so I don't know how it compares to the NGE, but I hate it.

And their solution to make combat more challenging is to make the mobs tougher.

Posted: May 30th 2010 9:27PM Dandmcd said

The first new content in forever (besides the holidays events) is a freakin' playground. Oh joy....

I hear a couple combat changes have been creeping in unannounced, hopefully that is a sign of things to come with an overhaul of the dungeons.

Posted: May 31st 2010 2:03AM ultimateq said

I have some friends who recently came back into playing Free Realms. From what I keep hearing, it's become nothing more than a watered down dating sim for teens/tweens.

Betawatch: December 13 - 19, 2014