Posted: May 28th 2010 8:37PM Enikuo said

I read the headline and got excited because I thought the games were going on sale and it was just their cash shops. Bummer! I needed an excuse to stop putting off buying CO.

Posted: May 28th 2010 8:44PM (Unverified) said

Four more character slots for me.

Some people think of Cryptic as money-grubbing.

I look at having to pay for additional character slots as an intervention for an altoholic.

I have all 50 character slots filled on WoW and I don't know who to get rid of when Cataclysm launches.

Posted: May 29th 2010 1:41PM Interitus said

I have no problem paying to rename a character, buy more slots, change a character race.

But when they want you to pay for emotes.. I have a hard time defending that

Posted: May 28th 2010 9:22PM Apocalypse said

@ Acelin

Gamestop Price Drop: $10

Now you can stop putting it off ;-)

Posted: May 30th 2010 9:25AM Arcadian said

Ten bucks for Memorial Day is fitting! Nine months after the game launches and CO is now in the bargain bin. I feel the worst for the lifetime suckers. They'll just barely get their thirteen months in to cover the cost of the sub before Atari will pull the plug on both of these failures at the end of the year.

Bill Roper's moved on to his next big ripoff for 2011, and DCUO and Marvel Online and CoX Going Rogue will murder Champions, while SWTOR will end STO.

Cryptic: the 15 month MMO company! LOL!

Posted: May 28th 2010 10:29PM MewmewGrrl said

They can put the C-Store where the sun doesn't shine. I've paid them full price for two unfinished games now, with the top amount per month to play these unfinished pieces of beta. Not only does Cryptic move on to new games and projects before their last one is closed to even being finished, but they want me to pay extra for crap inside of their unfinished game I paid full price and pay monthly to play? I'm quickly getting very sick of Cryptic. As soon as one unfinished game comes out - they are moving resources to the next game they're trying to rush out the door. Paying for their money grubbing C-Store on top of all of this? No way. As much as I like a new MMO that's a little different (Star Trek), I'd like to see them go down hard and be a lesson for anybody else who wants to try to do this same kind of stuff in the future.

Posted: May 28th 2010 11:11PM Vlo said

Cryptic should really move CO and STO into buy to play rather than a monthly fee. The way those games are designed fit really well with that business model. Cryptic should really take their time making games and staying committed to those rather than rushing a new product. With the way they frequently making new games, I think they should consider making single player games (with multiplayer component tied) instead.

Posted: May 29th 2010 3:16AM CCon99 said

It wouldn't surprise me if they eventually did that. STO had a pretty decent launch with a lot of people buying the game, but most of those people already moved on. The game only has 1 universal server and it already feels like a ghost town after only 4 months. I'm sure some will go back come July when their next big update hits, but like the last big update, the newness will wear off after 2 weeks and go right back to ghost town mode.

Posted: May 29th 2010 1:24PM (Unverified) said

they're selling emotes? seriously?

why anyone would feel ok paying a monthly subscription to a company who charges extra for your ability to smile is beyond me.

Posted: May 29th 2010 1:49PM (Unverified) said

When Cryptic made their deal with Atari they promised them they can come out with a mmo every 18 months. And that is what they are doing, finished or not. So to get funding they had to promise big things. Dont get me wrong I am not a fan of Cryptic but Atari is partly to blaim also.

Now if CO went to a F2P I would come back to the game. I am not going back as a monthly fee payer. I did not get sucked into the STO hype and I wont do it for their 3rd one also unless its F2P.

Posted: May 29th 2010 2:42PM Psychotic Storm said

Question, since Cstore does not contain anything that affects gameplay other than aesthetics, what's the fuss about?

Posted: May 29th 2010 2:19PM starka1 said

Still waiting for something worth buying in the C-Store. I still haven't used my free 400 points yet.

Massively's MMO guide to the 2014 winter holidays