Posted: May 28th 2010 12:57PM Saker said

Just started this game a few days ago, not bad. Mounts are much anticipated.

Posted: May 28th 2010 1:10PM (Unverified) said

Given how small the world is, mounts are hardly a necessity. It's never more than a 3 minute run to the nearest teleporter as it is, but whatever. Pandering to the ez-mode mentality has worked for other games, maybe it'll get them a few more unwitting fools that love being ganked by hackers.

Unless FoD is removed, the client-side speed/movement/immunity/teleport hacks are eliminated and/or PvE servers with free transfers is implemented, Allods will remain a niche game.

Great game up to level 25 though.

Posted: May 28th 2010 2:52PM Pingles said

I played this morning before coming to work and didn't quite have time to wrap up a quest.

If I had had a mount I would have.

I will be gladly giving them some money for this convenience. I've been playing for a few months without paying anything so I'm glad to drop them a few bucks.

Posted: May 28th 2010 3:52PM (Unverified) said

Agreed. I've said since day one that I'd buy a mount the first day they're offered.. There's a lot of running involved in Allods.

Posted: May 28th 2010 4:00PM spamero said

Unfortunately if this patch is similar to rus version it could be called: game over patch.

I am talking here about "major changes to existing game mechanics" - eg. removing mana regen from all items and the only way to get it is via some stuff from cash shop

Posted: May 29th 2010 12:16PM Darkwood71 said

Indeed. I've been holding off on going back to allods because of this particular patch. If it's the same on they talked about just after open beta, then it will reduce the amount of healing that spells do while increasing the amount of damage that mobs do. All of it seemed designed to increase the amount of deaths and need for perfume to avoid FoD.

I really liked this game during closed beta, but the cash shop fiasco along with the consistent nerfs to all classes quickly relegated it to the trash bin on my computer.

Posted: May 29th 2010 12:29PM Krystalle Voecks said

We're trying to see if we can get a copy of the patch notes prior to the release out of a similar curiosity. Hopefully they'll agree to it.

Posted: May 28th 2010 6:37PM Sephirah said

Considering the prices at their cash shop, how much for a mount? 100$?

Posted: May 30th 2010 6:11AM (Unverified) said

site for Russian patch notes, used Google translate for translation.
probably not the best translation, though.