Posted: May 27th 2010 10:19AM TheJackman said

breast cancer is no joke. Worldwide, breast cancer comprises 10.4% of all cancer incidence among women, making it the second most common type of non-skin cancer (after lung cancer) and the fifth most common cause of cancer death! Breast cancer is about 100 times more common in women than in men, although males tend to have poorer outcomes due to delays in diagnosis.

So make sure you do a diagnosis every 6 months or so!

Posted: May 27th 2010 2:57PM DeadlyAccurate said

Actually, you should be doing monthly self-exams, have a baseline mammogram around age 35, and have a mammogram every two years from age 40 on, unless your doctor recommends otherwise. This comes straight from my gyn and the x-ray tech who did my mammogram.

Posted: May 27th 2010 10:25AM archipelagos said

Great story. Love stuff like this.

Posted: May 27th 2010 11:19AM jpkustra said

I wish more online games would do this to raise awareness for cancer in general. Most young people don't understand the impact it can have even on high schoolers or younger. A social outlet such as this is a perfect way to get people talking & coming together without forcing it on them.

Posted: May 27th 2010 11:52AM Joshua Przygocki said

That's awesome, nice job Mythic!

Just shows that some devs care about their players.

Posted: May 27th 2010 11:54AM GenericPerson said

This is the type of news that seldom get heard. While not world changing, it still shows that there is still the slightest bit of humanity left in the world.

Posted: May 27th 2010 2:03PM Enikuo said

That's really cool that the community has come together that way. And, it's really nice to see the company's response too. This is a great story.

Posted: May 28th 2010 6:13AM (Unverified) said

I'm Tink (Tinkerhell). This outpouring of support from the community (my friends, enemies and players I've never even met) and Mythic has left me speechless. I've never experienced anything like it. Thank you for telling the story. It is special and unique. When I'm at my worst, I log in and feel the love as I fight with and attack all the pinkness.

Why I Play: ArcheAge

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 12:00PM

Massively's MMO guide to Halloween 2014

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 11:00AM

The Daily Grind: Do you defend your favorite MMO?

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 8:00AM