Posted: May 27th 2010 11:15AM Snichy said

Found out about this some time ago at its very early stages but dont really like PvP games so forgot about it - it doesnt really go into the combat mechanism they will be using, only to say its "Real-time, asynchronous combat". If its twitch based (e.g. APB) I might give it a try, however if its not (like......everything else!) I may pass although it does remind me a bit of Eve so maybe there will be more to do than just PvP, which isnt a bad thing.

Posted: May 27th 2010 11:40AM DrewIW said

Does it still have the exact same interface, skill system, and combat as EVE?

Posted: May 27th 2010 12:00PM Darkdust said

Ohhh, this is *that* MMO? Shame, because I was just thinking "hmm this actually does sound interesting". But I'd rather not give my money to plagiarists, particularly as a diehard EVE player and CCP supporter.

Posted: May 27th 2010 2:36PM hmmdar said

Other than similar terms for common ideas the UI and skills are very different. The original UI was similar to EVEs, but they revamped a good portion of the UI a few patches ago.

Just to note the Perpetuum UI is far better than EVEs example of how not to develop UIs.

Posted: May 27th 2010 3:01PM (Unverified) said

Look at this shameless tripe. Overview, modules, station view. Even the manufacturing and skills are lifted directly from Eve.

This game is the scifi Alganon. No content, just plagiarism.

Posted: May 27th 2010 5:06PM Anatidae said

Wow. That is EVE's interface. Crazy!

Posted: May 27th 2010 8:35PM (Unverified) said

Guys, just because a game has a similar interface doesn't mean you should scream "OMG THEY STOLE TEH EVE'S SHIZZ!", I mean you could argue that 99% of the MMO's out there stole everything from WoW.

I will try it out, and if I enjoy it then I will play it, and if I don't I won't. Kinda funny to see that your willing to let yourself miss out on a game which may be a lot of fun based purely that it has similar elements to Eve.

Posted: May 27th 2010 6:37PM Harabeck said

Not impressed by this game at all. The UI has been updated to look slightly less like Eve, but functionally it is still exactly the same (if not a bit worse, managing targets is a pain). The game when you start out is nothing but a huge grind against either super weak drones or the ground depending on whether you want to mine or fight. There are quests, but even after spending hundreds of thousands of skill points in combat skills, I still can't take on even the most basic kill quests without spending huge amounts of time pulling enemies away and taking time to repair.

Posted: May 27th 2010 6:41PM alucard3000 said

thanx NotAGoon your videos made me want to try the game.

Posted: Jun 15th 2010 10:33AM Avernus said

I think the game is a ripoff of WoW. It has a health bar & mana bar. You even move with WASD keys and use Tab to switch targets! You have an inventory. You can change weapons and armor. There is crafting! There is a market. You can join player organizations! There are factions. It goes on and on. Its a total rip off, has elements of EVE, WoW, UO, FE, EQ2, and others.

Seriously though, game is quite deep already even in closed beta.

Posted: Jul 2nd 2010 3:01AM (Unverified) said

I think the UI simliarities are being blown WAY out of proportion simply because EVE has always been so unique up until this point. Plenty of quality MMOs pulled heavily from the WoW model interface and are great games in their own right. The fact that something like an EVE sandbox world has been recreated on a planet's surface crawling with thousands of mechs sounds freaking awesome, and there are plenty of features already in this beta that make the gameplay experience totally different than EVE. But more importantly, none of this will matter if the game is actually good :)

Betawatch: October 18 - 24, 2014