Posted: May 27th 2010 10:47PM willflynne said

The big key with something like that is going to be exactly how smart (or dumb) the AI on those companions is going to be, at least in terms of combat. It'd be a shame to see all that work put into them and have the companions end up being about as sharp as a sack of wet mice (always loved that line from old Looney Tunes cartoons lol).

Personally speaking I'm glad to hear that you don't HAVE to use them if you don't want to. I've never liked the idea of having to babysit or manage an NPC while in combat, I'd rather fight the fight. The closest I've come to using NPCs in combat has been the limited use summon devices in Champions Online, as they tend to be more of a "fire and forget" kind of thing, and I don't even use those very often.

As far as adding to the story, again it's probably a good thing that companions aren't going to be forced. If they were, I just have this nasty little feeling that I'd be searching for a "Shoot them in the face" option the instant the companion started annoying me with comments about my in-game decisions. Oh, the potential digital carnage that would ensue.....lol

If it can be done well and adds to the experience for those who want to use it, more power to them and the players who would enjoy it. But for me it's more or less wasted effort on their part because of my own lack of interest in that kind of gameplay.

Posted: May 28th 2010 6:02AM Yue said

Tali companion preorder bonus.

Calling it now.

Posted: May 28th 2010 9:33AM (Unverified) said

I'm really not getting the love for this feature. Why should we remove even more player to player interaction from MMOs? Sure, it might be more convenient but it totally ruins the concept of a game about players teaming up to go on quests. I guess this game is tailored to the Guild Wars/STO semi-MMO crowd.

From everything I hear, this game is sounding like KOTOR 3: Now with better multiplayer mode. I wish they would just be honest and market it that way.

Posted: May 30th 2010 5:59PM (Unverified) said

That's kind of my feeling. I'm excited to play the game, but I'm increasingly worried that this is just a single player game with some multiplayer tacked on as an afterthought.

Posted: May 31st 2010 11:55PM lea said

I am a great fan of Star Wars Costume and movies. I have huge collection of star wars costumes.