Posted: May 25th 2010 1:29PM Kalec said

Don't they just find a new fleet lag issue every month ?

Posted: May 25th 2010 1:37PM DrewIW said

Not really.

The server was remarkably stable before the Dominion expansion, fights with over a 1000 players would have some lag, but they were still responsive and playable.

The Dominion lag is an entirely new monster. It has brought the "Black Screen of Death", traffic control spam, and 30-minute rollbacks.

Between the lag and the awful sov system, I almost wish they would roll back to Apocrypha.

Posted: May 25th 2010 2:42PM TacosWLove said

I wish they would roll back to apoc also. I can almost guarantee that this whole thing is related to fleet finder and the new tools associated, which I think every eve player would be happy to sacrifice for being able to play the game they advertise.

And how is this test different then the 10 they have had? I stopped going to them as they always left us in the same spot we were before... They would rather keep adding to a broken game, then fix the major issues we have had for almost a year!

Posted: May 25th 2010 4:39PM Darkdust said

Rollback? How do you propose handling, say, the existing sovereignty system? What about the faction ships added and changed in Dominion? Why would we go back to the prior T2 component distribution?

None of those things are going to happen. Assuming one cares about the problem (frankly, it doesn't affect ME at all), then helping with the tests will do much more to move us toward improvement and resolution.

Oh, and I would like to see your evidence that the fleet finder causes the problem with jumping into a system and trying to load grid. That sounds like unfounded and uninformed speculation to me.

Posted: May 25th 2010 4:55PM TacosWLove said

ALL OF IT. Worthless imo if they cant give me a good fight ot shoot the NC. Have you tried the new sov wars? I think its safe to say anyone that has tried them would more then happily go back to shooting towers.. Defenders have way too much of an advantage.

Besides, who sh%1 on your face today. Im not saying I have the will nor the way to fix it, just that I would be 10x happier if dominion never came out.. Its called an opinion.

For my evidence, take for example switching fleets with 256 man fleets due to some fleet boss going afk or whatever. Jsut the simple act of switching a fleet with fleet finder causes a huge lag spike for everyone in it. the amount of data that it now sends on ship make up, loot logging, etc, etc all points to a laggier interaction..

Posted: May 25th 2010 5:08PM (Unverified) said

I usually find out there's a test going on too late. I'll certainly try to join in this time.

Posted: May 25th 2010 10:14PM Ace Noble said

There is always some sort of testing going on the Singularity test server. When there is mass testing, it has always been on a Saturday at 20:00 UTC. You should install the test server client and join the in-game channel "MassTesting". There's always information posted on that channel.

By the way, I should mention that Singularity is also a great place to test out new fitting ideas. Everything there only cost one hundred ISK.

Posted: May 26th 2010 4:04PM (Unverified) said

I've been on Singularity before, just never in-time for a mass test. One time I missed the mass test by an hour...

Global Chat: Doom and WAAAGH!

Posted on Jul 22nd 2014 8:00PM