Posted: May 24th 2010 11:21AM Ocho said

Knights of the Old Republic is a great game. A must-play, especially if you want to get into the MMO. I just picked up KotOR 2 and about to start that. As far as lore, where do the books come into play and in what order do they do so? Is there a good website anyone knows about with a chronology of all Star Wars novels?

Posted: May 24th 2010 11:29AM Larry Everett said

Off the top of my head, I cannot think of any novels that deal with the time before SWTOR. Maybe someone else has read one, but I do have -an- answer to the second question.

The first thing that comes to my mind is the timeline on theForce.net. It may be a bit dated, but is will probably answer most of your questions.

Posted: May 24th 2010 12:34PM (Unverified) said

Knights 2 might be a disappoint compared to the 1st for you. It was for me. :s Whatever happened to that modding effort to create a whole version of the game? (Dropped zones included)

Posted: May 24th 2010 4:41PM (Unverified) said

There are a series of graphic novels that deal with the first encounters between the Jedi and the Sith.

Posted: May 24th 2010 6:00PM Larry Everett said

Good question. I assume you're talking about the First Great Schism. The only thing that really had any information about that Schism is Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force by Random House. No comicbooks, sorry.

If you mean the Second Great Schism, I'm not sure there is a whole lot on it, although there is a cross series story arc, called Vector, that deals with one of the Dark Jedi from that event. Here's a link to the graphic novel on Amazon. It is in two parts:

Posted: May 24th 2010 1:23PM Bhima said

If you can get over the bugs (and there are plenty of them), and save VERY often, KOTOR2 has a much more ingenious villian then any other Star Wars based story. I will also add that there are some plot holes that seem to coincide with the bugs which leads me to believe LucasArts pushed Obsidian to get the game out before it was really done. If you can find it, it is definitely worth a go... you won't find a more complex, and identifiable villian in any other video game or movie (barring maybe The Godfather).

Posted: May 24th 2010 2:09PM Lateris said

Did the mod that was being made for KOTOR 2 to finish the story ever get done?

Posted: Jun 29th 2010 9:14AM spartanthetriviumorg said

Last I read about it the mod 95% done with the missing content for the game. I do forget the URL for the project however. It would be nice to see Massively do a background story on it nonetheless.

Posted: May 24th 2010 2:16PM MrGutts said

Thanks for the write up Larry. I will be keeping a eye on this weekly event.

Posted: May 24th 2010 6:04PM Larry Everett said

Thanks. I appreciate that.

Posted: May 25th 2010 3:57AM RogueJedi86 said

One thing people don't always get about Palpatine's genius is that no matter which way the Clone Wars ended, he would've been in control of the galaxy. If the CIS had actually won, he controlled them as Darth Sidious, and he would've ruled the galaxy that way too. I may think Palpatine is an evil bastard, but the man certainly had some detailed plans that basically gave him control of the galaxy years before he started setting his plans into motion.

Posted: Jun 15th 2010 2:09AM (Unverified) said

I'm disappointed that you didn't mention Exar Kun's time when he attacked the Republic and made the Mandolorians a true threat and lead up to the Mandolorian Wars and KOTOR.

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014