Posted: May 24th 2010 10:40PM karnisov said

i've been tracking the weekend peak player numbers on the steam forums, so i'll be interested to see if it effects this weekend's numbers.

Posted: May 25th 2010 11:26AM karnisov said

Global Agenda is a Steamworks title. which means that any box copies have to install and run through steam too. reference the box unit's info on amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/Global-Agenda-Special-Limited-Box-Pc/dp/B0030GYXYA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1274801083&sr=8-1

"Note that product utilizes the Steamworks platform from Valve Corporation for installation and patching and creation of a Steam account is required. "

Posted: May 24th 2010 11:22PM remover said

Save your money.

The game offers nothing of what it promises, is at it's very best a mediocre TF2 wannabe and is dying fast. On it's busiest of days, just shy of 1000 people play it.

Posted: May 25th 2010 4:47AM Temko said

through steam. though steam IS their main selling point i expect numbers to be 50% high.

...still shitty. but not exactly worse then many other games being as it's 1k people on at any one time. thats better then Champions online is doing ;)

Posted: May 25th 2010 5:47AM DarthCheese said

Actually steam is the only way to buy the game in the EU atm, until they start selling classic boxed versions later this year.

You'd really expect those numbers to be higher.

Posted: May 25th 2010 5:27AM BubleFett said

I'm looking forward to the open area in the 2nd installment of sandstorm

Posted: May 25th 2010 1:11PM GryphonStalker said

::nods, nods::

Absolutely! Even if it starts off small but they are eager to add more in the future. I'll be pleased. (Certainly can't expect a single patch to change a static lobby to a great wide sprawling MMO world..but it's a start). :)

Posted: May 25th 2010 6:22AM (Unverified) said

Man i hope this game does not go down. The gameplay is way to good for that. My only issue is that i have to play the game with 140 ping because i'm from europe. There are european servers however but none plays on em.

I think that they should have waited with a sale till the patch was out. But fact is that this game is not bad, it's actually rock solid but it lacks certain content elements.

Posted: May 25th 2010 9:53AM GenericPerson said

Just played the demo version with a friend. It is a fun game and I really enjoyed the missions and to an extent the PvP, but I don't see anything that would keep me logging in night after night. Even at $29.99 I wouldn't find myself purchasing this game.

Posted: May 25th 2010 10:21AM (Unverified) said

Global Agenda is an alright game and personally for a one time fee of $30 (normally 40) its worth the price. I've gotten almost 200 hours of gameplay out of it and yes, the game in its current state is very linear, but if you're willing to take it for what it is its actually quite fun. I've spent 50-60 dollars on lesser games. Its great to be able to sit down for a few minutes and have a good time with a match or two.

The best thing about this game has got to be the developer. Hi-rez takes such an active and hands on approach with (mostly) listening to their customers and attempting to deliver. In a market where most MMO companies are jaded and seem to not have a clue or are strictly focused on profit this is rather nice to see and I feel its worth my small investment to promote. Sadly its hard out there for an independent developer and they're not having an easy time nor are people cutting them much slack. Considering what Hi-rez is they've produced an extremely impressive and fun product.

I as many other eagerly await the coming 1.3 patch that will take Global Agenda from simply a third person shooter to an MMO. 1.3 part one is expected in a few weeks but sadly doesn't offer much other than some new toys and a revamped UI, gear system, and some AvA changes. In the coming months us players will be able to look forward to open world PvE and PvP. I just hope they're able to deliver properly, but once all is said and done. Global Agenda should be a hell of a game for 9.50 a month and at least its not another WoW clone.

Posted: May 25th 2010 11:23AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
the game is crap

Posted: May 25th 2010 11:34AM (Unverified) said

I'd be more inclined to believe you if you supported that statement somehow.

Posted: May 25th 2010 12:37PM (Unverified) said

I think the reason why people say it's crap is because they want it to be something it isn't. A full fletched MMORPG.

But you can't say that this game is crap. You can however say that you do not like it.

Posted: May 25th 2010 12:38PM Psychotic Storm said

Sigh not this conversation again, game is ok, with good potential to be better, if you don't like it walk away, why the cheap shots?

Posted: May 25th 2010 1:36PM Nef said

People rip on games all the time, often for silly reasons. (Do you hate, and vocally announce said hate, every time you see someone with a certain candy bar or drink that you don't like?) GA isn't an amazing game, it's not the best, but it's not terrible either. For what it does, offer shooter game-play with some RPG and some persistent elements, it does okay.

I'm far too busy in life right now to put in the time into MMOs that I used to could, something like GA that has pretty quick matches works well for that. Not having a required monthly fee is another bonus.

The Nexus Telegraph: How to fix WildStar