Posted: May 22nd 2010 10:36AM (Unverified) said

I'll playing DDO and STO along with some WoW. Trying out Allods but I don't know how long that will last. Otherwise I got some friends coming by and will probably do some Couch Co-op of Just Cause 2 where we play until we die then pass the controller over to the next guy.

I agree with Steampunk and I think some Historical development MMO would be cool.

Posted: May 22nd 2010 10:42AM Birk said

Playing a little Age of Conan; haven't seen any Godslayer content, so I must confess I am anxious for that.

Also gonna check out some Lego Universe Beta this weekend. I haven't logged onto the beta in over a month (not enough time...it seems like a cool game!)

I think the Warhammer Fantasy universe is a fantastic setting for an MMO. Sadly, I don't feel that Mythic did it justice; not enough of the flavour of the game. Personal taste, of course!

Posted: May 22nd 2010 10:47AM (Unverified) said

I have 2 questions for next weeks WRUP!! :D

If you could have a MMORPG version of any console game, what would it be?

If you could destroy, delete, obliterate one mmo from the face of the earth, never to be seen again, what mmo would you choose? (if any?)

Posted: May 22nd 2010 11:25AM Birk said

Obliterate an MMO? Hmm, that's a strange question. I think every MMO, from WoW to the crappiest most-contrived F2P steaming pile of grindfest garbage contributes, in some way, to the furtherance of the industry.

Every time a consumer has to play a game that is just a rehash of something else, the demand for something new and exciting grows.

So I say obliterating any MMO, no matter how crappy, is largely an exercise in shooting ourselves in the foot.

Now, if the question were: Which MMO do you wish you never played?

Well, that's an easy one; Hello Kitty Island Adventures, of course. If only I could shake THAT addiction...!

Posted: May 22nd 2010 12:20PM whateveryousay said

Great questions, KNtS.

@Birk, You just got the "Butter's gold star of approval" my friend.

Posted: May 22nd 2010 11:25AM (Unverified) said

"Basically, if it has an "O" at the end of the acronym, I'll be playing it."

Justin is playing Hello Kitty Online. You heard it here first.

Posted: May 22nd 2010 11:29AM Taawa said

I'm getting the impression none of the authors here are active in Warhammer Online.

Anyway that's where I'll be spending most of my gaming time this weekend. I've already gotten one piece of Sovereign armor for my Zealot from the new contested cities.

I'm also working my way slowly through all three Guild Wars campaigns when I feel like doing PvE.

I'm treading the MMO waters now. I'm waiting for Guild Wars 2 and Jumpgate Evolution. So I'm parked in WAR, enjoying the RvR until one of those comes along.

I'd like to see an MMO set in the universe created by John Scalzi for Old Man's War. Richard Morgan's Altered Carbon would be a very interesting concept and would work even better than Scalzi's universe.

Posted: May 22nd 2010 12:31PM Brianna Royce said

Hiya Taawa -- we actually do have a Warhammer specialist, freshly hired! In fact you might just be getting a post from him later on today. >.> We've yet to get him into these round-ups!

-Bree

Posted: May 22nd 2010 11:41AM Macabre 13 said

Since the MMO scene is so damn stale right now, I'll be playing League of Legends.

It's like DotA or Demigod, but worlds better and much more fun.

I strongly recommend anyone give it a try, as it's not only free to play, but you don't have to spend a penny to be just as good and access all the content as anyone else (though if you enjoy the game as I do, support it!).

Posted: May 22nd 2010 11:47AM Archebus said

My computer is in storage so I don't fritter away my summer playing games, and actually do productive things like work and study.

And I agree with Schuster - an old west MMO has so much potential. Give players plenty of non-combat options like ranching, prospecting, exploring, and thievery (from ranches and prospectors and explorers), add a security system similar to EVE Online where certain towns are safe (and in the others, justice is only a posse away), and I think it could really go somewhere.

Posted: May 22nd 2010 12:24PM whateveryousay said

To answer my own question, I would like to make an MMO set in a dawn of time/evolutionary universe. You would begin life as a single celled organism and slowly work your way up to sophisticated, complex creatures that are half your design, half limited to the rules of evolution itself. It would certainly be a niche game, but obscure fun, no doubt.

Posted: May 22nd 2010 12:46PM (Unverified) said

Give me money, Turbine staff and the DDO engine and I will create you Dragonlance Online. Sure it will pretty much be LotRO with DDO's d20 system and a unique "Z" feature where you fly dragons, griffons and pegasi but I'll be happy dammit! I'LL BE HAAPYYYY!!!!!

Posted: May 22nd 2010 1:07PM (Unverified) said

I'll probably be playing Pokémon HeartGold, trying to train my Houndoom to a level where he can take on Sabrina's psychic pocket monsters...

I don't think I'll actually play any online RPGs. Well, maybe some mining in EVE. And perhaps I'll get some Dwarven Ale for Nicholas in Guild Wars.

As for the MMO I'd want to develop, perhaps something with the Mass Effect or Discworld IP's. Though I'd also be curious what a Spore MMO would look like. Would monsters be dropping hands and eyes instead of boots and gloves?

Posted: May 22nd 2010 1:13PM kasapina said

Mm, gonna play ddo this week. Tried it when the new model launched, couldn't stick with it, hoping to last better this time.

Cyberpunk mmos are always fun, to answer the question.

Posted: May 22nd 2010 2:48PM Wisdomandlore said

I just bought Everquest 2: SF, so I'll be diving into that this weekend. I'm late to the party, I know. :p Hopefully I'll make some more progress in FFXIII, too.

Posted: May 22nd 2010 2:13PM Orvidos said

Leveling a Dervish in Guild Wars and bringing it over to Prophecies for Flameseeker nights. =_= I've cracked, clearly.

There will also be some Altitude in there somewhere. Great little game.

Posted: May 22nd 2010 2:13PM Orvidos said

Oh. I need to level my dwarf barb in DDO too. I can't escape the MMO work! Good thing it's fun.

Posted: May 22nd 2010 2:34PM Saker said

Time to make a world, not a simple game (as these really are). I'm bored with the endless mindless violence of killing things. Some kind of virtual old wild west frontier (HBO's Deadwood kind of place) where you could create a town, tremendous possibilities. Yes there would be various kinds of conflict, but all kinds of other things also. It would have to be adult. For anyone who watched Deadwood, you know that would go without saying!

Posted: May 22nd 2010 3:40PM Crode said

hmm am I allowed to say I will be doing APB testing this weekend? :)

Posted: May 22nd 2010 5:02PM Sabbatai said

Guild Wars and if I decide I hate myself some Aion.

I'd love to see an MMO that has top notch combat...but has so much other interactivity be it through crafting, exploring/discovering, or as yet unseen game mechanics that combat would just be one of many elements that even traditionally PvP-centered players would find more "fun" in the game.

Something that was either post-apocalyptic or pre-civilization (a new planet for example) where every bullet cost money and with a live event every month would make me happy.
| 1 | 2 |

Massively's MMO guide to Halloween 2014

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 11:00AM

The Daily Grind: Do you defend your favorite MMO?

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 8:00AM