Posted: May 23rd 2010 1:21AM (Unverified) said

I enjoyed the article, and have nothing at the moment to contribute, except how much I liked the header drawing. The Galka is totally checking out the Elvaan dude.
Also, the Galka is kind of hot.

Posted: May 23rd 2010 5:13AM (Unverified) said

The characters, from left to right, are modeled after the Dean, Britta, Starburns, and Abed.

Posted: May 23rd 2010 5:16AM (Unverified) said

Guess I should add that they are from the TV comedy series called Community, in case that wasn't apparent. It's a great show.

Posted: May 23rd 2010 10:45AM (Unverified) said

So glad that people picked up on the image. I watch tons of TV shows while I do illustration work, and when Eliot suggested I tie in my love of "Community" to this week's image, I couldn't resist.

Ha... regarding the Galka checking out Abed, that's due to some sloppy editing on my part. The Galka was originally supposed to be Troy, who of course has an awesome bromance with Abed. However, I couldn't get Galka!Troy to look right, probably because Troy has no facial hair and kind of a babyface. So I turned him into Starburns, and it clicked. I kind of forgot to edit out the flirty eyes. Whoops! But everyone loves Abed - even Starburns to an extent, I'm sure - so it makes sense.

Posted: May 23rd 2010 9:32AM Mevan said

I've been reading these articles for a while now and this is without a doubt the best I've read in the series. An article that wasn't negative was absolutely refreshing and it was written extremely well. Please keep this up.

Community is a great show, that picture had me laughing. So did the Galka equipping a Tarutaru.

Posted: May 23rd 2010 9:34AM Cendres said

"You're never done with eco-warrior" /grin

I fear you might be right!

Posted: May 23rd 2010 5:23PM Blancmanche said

"The Lalafell Pride Thread. This? This I seriously don't get."

What's not to get? The Lalafell are adorable beyond measure, and cuteness is worth it for its own sake. They have cute puppy dog noses, just like Tarutaru, and those cute pointy ears, and they're so small you just can't help but want to pinch their cheeks or pick them up and swing them around while squeeing like a schoolgirl at an N'sync concert. And if you don't feel that way, well, what can I say? You must be a soulless shell of a human being, dead to the world and all of its beauty.