Posted: May 21st 2010 11:16AM DeadlyAccurate said

My husband finds the archer works well with his guardian. He can tank like anything, but his damage-dealing abilities are poor, so he uses the archer to whittle down the mobs while he holds them. I use the hunter/herbalist combo. My herbalist can hold his own in taking some damage until I can pull the mobs back off him, and he rarely dies, even when I'm soloing.

Posted: May 21st 2010 11:42AM (Unverified) said

Personally for a Guardian I started off with Herbalist, for invulnerability, then switched to Archer, as I already had nigh invulnerability, but the archer gave dps without getting more aggro than it could handle. Shaves several minutes off a skirmish for me.

You've also missed out the most important part, making them look right !

Feel free to check out my skirmish soldier cosmetic page at http://lotro.northshield.co.uk, and click on Skirmish Soldiers.

Posted: May 21st 2010 11:46AM (Unverified) said

The Euro system has more notes than British currency now. Tis not the olden days, sir!

Posted: May 21st 2010 12:00PM DancingTaco said

For my Captain I use a sage and it works pretty good most of the time.. There were a couple of times early on that I needed heals, but overall its been nice..

I have the most fun on my Mini.. I used a warrior and the AOEs are awesome.. I rarely heal either of us except on bad pulls or on the BIG Nasties with 18K morale, they sometimes hit hard. Running the Gathburz skirmish with a mini is easy-mode.. Make sure you pick up the daily repeatable quest there for the 5 symbols before doing that skirmish as you will get them all usually on your first pull so you complete 2 things at the same time..

*Burgs are unstoppable with a herbalist traited for power.. Simply insane...

Posted: May 21st 2010 12:24PM Wisdomandlore said

I never played around with it, but a Minstrel with a Sage could be a potent combo. Sages have abilities that reduce tactical defense and resists. Since Minstrel skills are all Tactical, that could be a win. I don't know that I would want to give up my Warrior, though.

Posted: May 21st 2010 12:43PM Meagen said

I've already thrown away so many Skimish marks trying to make my Hunter's Protector soldier not suck so much. The problem is, I need Marks to level up the Soldier, but getting Marks also gives me lots of XP, which makes me level up faster than I can make the Soldier keep up... (my Hunter is level 47).

My Guardian/Herbalist combo works great though. Especially for those parts where there's NPCs to keep alive.

Posted: May 21st 2010 3:49PM (Unverified) said

Personally I like my Hunter/Protector combo. It was a bit tough at first but now that I have leveled up my soldier with the AOE agro, additional armour, and self heal skills he holds agro really well and I can just pick off mobs one at a time.

Posted: May 21st 2010 5:20PM (Unverified) said

I like the list a lot. As a Guardian, I suppose I want to recommend that the Archer is also a good choice for burning through lower tier skirmishes if your goal is to get the most amount of Skirmish Marks as fast as possible.

With an Archer, I can take enemies while he takes them out. I suppose a Warrior would work as well, although I found my warrior running off and doing things I didn't want him to and it got annoying.

Posted: May 21st 2010 5:21PM (Unverified) said

Haha I guess I should have read others' comments before making mine... it seems I'm not the only Guardian that likes the Archer!

Posted: May 25th 2010 6:50AM (Unverified) said

I have a Loremaster, and i started with a sage. I could CC, she helped me dps, and it was nice. And i still use here whenever i do a group skirmish with enough heal. But i recently switched to the herbalist (with my DPS traits), and it's purely awesome. I can do every skirmish at Tier II, burning my way through all enemies, i can even let the lynx dps some mobs solo, while i kill the lieutenants. It's a blast :D

Posted: May 21st 2010 8:53PM (Unverified) said

I found my Hunter vulnerable using a Protector, at least in the lower tiers. The Protector seems to have lost the ability to follow, and will at times just stand there watching you fight. With too many mobs, he dies while you are tanking adds.

I switched to an Herbalist, and things went MUCH better and faster.

Posted: May 22nd 2010 2:45AM (Unverified) said

Tried the herbalist with my warden and had to fire her lazy behind. Can't remember if I landed on an archer or warrior, extra DPS just speeds things up.

Love the sage with the mini.

It's a far different experience playing with a close to level skirmish pet (couple toons just got high enough to join the skirmish world) vs. one that is still in the 30s while you are level 65.

Posted: May 24th 2010 6:36PM (Unverified) said

How is the British pound less "streamlined" than the Euro? We have pounds and pence, Europe has Euros and cents... it's the same with a different name...

Posted: May 29th 2010 12:20PM (Unverified) said

On my warden I didn't start skirmishing until I was 65. I picked a warrior. Great combo! Since I gather up the mobs in 1 place, the warrior can go AoE and burn them down with me. If he goes off on his own to tank a single mob, 1 conviction and he's fine. I think the AoE warrior might be a better combination with a warden then single target archers.

Posted: May 29th 2010 11:38PM (Unverified) said

My Warder took a Herbalist in, specced for power restore (and heals). After I pumped in a few thousand skirmish marks, I soloed all of the skirmishes on tier 2 (except protectors of thangulhad -- someone else firing the catapult is just too necessary for the last boss). A high level herbalist with the 3 or 4 power restore skills that you can equip them with, with +outgoing healing for them and +incoming healing for me... wow, it was just so nice.

Posted: May 29th 2010 11:37PM (Unverified) said

"The problem is, I need Marks to level up the Soldier, but getting Marks also gives me lots of XP, which makes me level up faster than I can make the Soldier keep up..." That's ok, I was at level cap before I ever touched skirmishes. I did turn them down a few levels at first, though, until my soldier started to be built up.

The Stream Team: Dota 2's 6.82 madness