Posted: May 21st 2010 6:23PM MrCassian said

I'm liking Kingdom Heroes so far. However, they absolutely HAVE to fix afk levelers... the squad system essentially enables botting. Stand in one place, have your squad own face, pick up items. I did it once to level up new recruits, but I couldn't stand not actually "playing" the game.

Posted: May 21st 2010 9:20PM mattwo said

Doesn't that game have an NDA? Anyway, sounds like SHS Online may have a similar issue...

Posted: May 22nd 2010 12:21AM (Unverified) said

the thing about any Three Kingdoms game is that... Wei wins.
Thanks for reminding me that I need to check out Kingdom Heroes.

Damned shame about NIDA though, it wasn't that good of a game buy Gamekiss (the company that hosts it) are really nice people.

Posted: May 22nd 2010 9:36AM Dogorox said

It would be awesome if you Massively guys could somehow mark or segregate the Open Betas from the Pre-order/Invitees Betas.

It's confusing to me to call a beta that requires that I purchase or in some way be gifted(contests, giveaways, etc) a key, Open. Also it sucks when I get interested from seeing a game on the open list and when I go to check it out I can't play (for free anyway).

Posted: May 22nd 2010 9:56AM Dogorox said

Kingdom Heroes is not in closed beta they are in open beta.

Some of the new F2P eastern imports have figured out that the word "Beta" gets attention in the MMO world. So the open beta is called the "Closed Beta", and release is called the "Open Beta". Previously to their "Open Beta" they wipe the servers, open the Cash Shop, and tell the playerbase there will be no more character wipes(in other words, the servers are now Live).

This works like a charm. As you can see, Battle of Immortals is still getting open beta love despite having for all intents and purposes been in release for a month.

Posted: May 22nd 2010 7:23PM (Unverified) said

The Closed Beta for Tales of Fantasy is only that in name. I signed up and got in, in pretty much an hour.

Posted: May 22nd 2010 11:18PM Marked said

I gotta ask, but how is Jade Dynasty still considered "Open Beta?" The fact that they're releasing expansions for it (as per an article on this very site a couple days ago) makes "beta" status highly questionable in my book.

WRUP: Expanshapaign is too a word

Posted on Dec 20th 2014 10:00AM