Posted: May 20th 2010 9:21PM Audacious said

• 1 heart
Ugh....

It's Final Fantasy XI-2, so far, in terms of setting, races, et al. Give me something -new-. Something that isn't a skeleton from XI with next gen skin thrown on it. C'mon, SE. I largely skipped out on the original because I wasn't totally down with the look and feel (and the ridiculous grind, but that's another story). Don't completely replicate it with no new additions to speak of and call it a day.

Posted: May 21st 2010 12:06AM Egobrane said

Do these two really look the same to you?

They said they're trying to make the game familiar to people that enjoyed FFXI. I like that, because I enjoyed FFXI. Just because you didn't doesn't mean that SE should gear the entire game towards people that weren't even fans of their first game.

Posted: May 21st 2010 1:26PM Khaiser Soze said

What he said!

And, I can tell you that those of us who loved FFxi, are quickly and dangerously falling in love at first sight.

Its a dangerous road, your bound to get your heart broken, but I myself feel comfortable jumping all over this game and falling in love already.

Posted: May 20th 2010 9:41PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
you are dumb dude, FFXIV is set in the world of FFXI, just in a different time period. They even said that at the beginning.

Posted: May 20th 2010 10:06PM Eamil said

If by "they said that" you mean "they said the EXACT OPPOSITE of that" then yes.

Posted: May 20th 2010 10:14PM Audacious said

Vana'diel was the world of XI.

Eorzea is the world (or country, actually, I think) of XIV. In either case, it has been stated in interviews that the game take place on two different worlds. No two Final Fantasies that don't share a subtitle of some sort ever re-use the same setting.

Posted: May 20th 2010 11:02PM RogueJedi86 said

Raze, there's one exception: Ivalice is the setting for FF Tactics, FF Tactics Advance, and FFXII.

But Eorzea is still set in a different world than Vana'diel.