Posted: May 19th 2010 9:33PM Birk said

Interesting! Never played Ryzom before, but this is definitely peaking my interest.

Posted: May 19th 2010 10:10PM (Unverified) said

Downloading it as we speak, making a new account and playing, Lets see how it has changed :D Rawr!

Posted: May 19th 2010 10:19PM (Unverified) said

Ryzom is awesome. It keeps popping its head back up out of those murky waters and refuses to drown in the vast MMO ocean. I forget how many times its swapped hands (Twice now? Three times?), and its so beloved by its player base that at one point they even tried to buy the game themselves through donations when it was up for grabs.
Whenever I hear of a MMO game being shut down by a parent company forever, tossed like junk on a scrap heap... I think of Ryzom. It keeps going. It wants to live.

Why do virtual worlds ever have to die? Why isn't there a "secondary market" for MMO's ? Why toss something, that someone else might be able to save?

I hope Ryzom thrives for a long time, its a pioneer in so many ways.

Posted: May 19th 2010 11:20PM (Unverified) said

I don't know anything about Ryzom - what makes it so special? And a pioneer?

Just curious.

Posted: May 20th 2010 5:20AM Boojum said

What makes Ryzom special?

Well having mucked about in trial for a while I can say it's the first Sci-fi fantasy sandbox MMO I've tried where mobs come up and pee on your leg while you're trying to gather resources.

The creature AI is really quite interesting...

Posted: May 20th 2010 7:04AM ultimateq said

Is there seriously spam comments on massively? Really? REALLY? R-E-A-L-L-Y-?

Posted: May 20th 2010 8:23AM Beau Hindman said

Ryzom has some of the best, if not the best, mob AI and weather systems I have seen. And the game is no spring chicken. But migrating mobs, weather cycles or predator/prey type systems do not take away the fact that it can be a rough game sometimes, and not for those that want a more linear experience.

It's also a skill based game, and you cannot jump! lol (I had to throw that in there.) Overall, I'd say that anyone that hasn't tried it should. There are newbie quests on the newbie island, and other quests on the mainland (and looks like more coming) but essentially you make your own way in the game. Also, the community really polices itself and is very cool and helpful 90 percent of the time.

Beau

Posted: May 20th 2010 11:15AM (Unverified) said

Sigh, not again.

Gotta go download another free to play now.

Posted: May 20th 2010 1:27PM (Unverified) said

Wools, didn't realize this was a sub MMO. 21 day trial yay!

Posted: May 20th 2010 11:55AM Cendres said

Yay! Very cool, it's nice to see shiny updates for this game, I'll probably return one day, wish it could be now :(

MMO Week in Review: Happy New Year!

Posted on Dec 28th 2014 8:00PM