Posted: May 19th 2010 9:45AM (Unverified) said

I noticed voice for the first time. Was this there or did they just add it in?

Posted: May 19th 2010 10:07AM whateveryousay said

It's fairly recent. I'm not sure if they released it a few months ago or with the expansion.

Posted: May 19th 2010 11:02AM Aquaryon said

This doesn't have much to do with the expansion info, but I finally got the chance to try out RoM over the weekend for the 1st time, being a diehard WoW fan, I was pleasantly surprised how wonderful this little gem of a game is. Having this MMO 100% free should be against the law. lol.

I am not sure if I will continue playing as long as my WoW sub is active but what I played up to (level 9) I was blown away. The only noticeable thing I saw that I did NOT like were some of the character animations seem cheap and half ass (playing a ranger/scout), but everything else is quite excellent.

Good job Frogster. Keep it up!

Posted: May 19th 2010 11:38AM (Unverified) said

Dear Massively,

Please go back to the old days when I used to go to the blog and be interested in the content because it wasn't all Asian F2P games. Make a second blog for god sakes... one that's dedicated to these crappy games. Please report on relevant stuff..

In other news... Age of Conan just came out with a new expansion and the coverage here doesn't hold a candle to the F2P coverage... There is surely enough stuff to write about. WoW.com manages to constantly talk about ONE game... please cover relevant and interesting MMO games.

Posted: May 19th 2010 12:24PM Aquaryon said

I kinda agree with you Collin, I really enjoy Massively, but WAY to much info about the asian F2P. Lets hear more about other "paid" MMOs. I want to hear every little detail about SW: ToR but no one has that info yet :P

Posted: May 19th 2010 2:56PM Seraphina Brennan said

Hey Collin,

Yes, we're quite aware that there's been a lot of F2P coverage on the site recently. There's a huge number of those games, so even if we run one piece a day on a game that catches our interest, it still adds up to more we can put out on Age of Conan or another MMO. That's one of the negatives to being a broad site -- we cover the large strokes of each game, but sometimes fail to really get in-depth (which we're really trying to do with our weekly columns on specific games.)

So, while we're working to get in-depth with games, what games other than AoC would you like to see? Just the large subscription ones? Any game in particular? Shoot me an e-mail, or simply comment back, and I'll certainly make note of it and be sure to keep our eye out on select games.

And this goes for anyone in this comment thread who feels this way. You can ALWAYS talk to me about any problems you have with the site. My door is always open at sera@massively.com, or you can grab me in our chat room on Quakenet. (irc.quakenet.org, or http://webchat.quakenet.org, #massively)

~Sera

Posted: May 19th 2010 12:29PM (Unverified) said

This game feels like it never got out of alpha development.

I have played this game since release and I can definitely say that you can play for free and have a great time. But, if you want to be part of the elite and best of the game, you will feel tremendous pressure to shell out serious cash. There are ways to make money but, ultimately, you may spend hundreds on this game to remain at the top. I guarantee that you will spend more on this game than a subscription type.

Its persistent lag issues and almost daily breakdown of Siege War (pvp) servers makes this game incomplete and lacks competent attention from the company. Do not play this game if you want to pvp, you will be greatly disappointed/frustrated.

The number of dungeons is deceptive. At certain levels, you can only play one or two of them. When you reach the end game, you will hit boredom with five. Stick to WoW and other mmo's for a better end game replay experience.

Professions are a very long and super tedious process.

Storyline has no soul...weak at most.

The community is great. The people that surround you are the ones that will keep you playing.

Conclusively, play this game because you want to try out a potentially superior product. If your tastes are for the polished and total game experience, walk away.