Posted: May 18th 2010 10:07AM (Unverified) said

Torchlight is a fantastic game, I'm interested to see how the development of the MMO goes. I like PWE (Playing BoI ATM) & Runic Games, i have high hopes for the Torhclight MMO.

Posted: May 18th 2010 10:33AM (Unverified) said

For great success! I for one welcome our new isometric overlords.

Posted: May 18th 2010 10:29AM TheJackman said

"Our deep understanding of the online game market to create global titles." Make me smile so they will get bigger xp bars and a cash shop!......

Oh well do not really care about this game Diablo 3 is only a year or so away and Starcraft 2 only a few months!

Posted: May 18th 2010 10:32AM swarmofcats said

Way more than a year. Blizz said it will NOT be released in 2011. Think more like mid to late 2012 for D3, sadly. Torchlight MMO will be great to tide us over until then.

Posted: May 18th 2010 10:38AM TheJackman said

• 1 heart
Torchlight is not even on the level that is Diablo 2... for me that is!

Posted: May 18th 2010 10:59AM Bartlebe said

I do not like the sound of this. Getting involved with one of the largest cash shop trolls in the market spells doom for their MMO.

Posted: May 18th 2010 12:33PM Tom in VA said

Me neither.

For Perfect World to have a controlling interest in this game just doesn't seem like a good thing to me.

Posted: May 18th 2010 11:22AM (Unverified) said

Sounds good to me. Good for a developer to have lots of monetary backup.

Posted: May 18th 2010 11:21AM Cendres said

I saw this on PW's site yesterday and thought I was seeing things... I know they make okay games, good quality, can't say anything about their cash shop model though.

Hope it's good stuff!

Posted: May 18th 2010 11:35AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
how are you guys taking this as good news?

...torchlight was sold and was promised to give you access to the mmo if you bought it. Yet now, one of the worst cash shop mmo companies out there is taking it over.

I for one am not excited to have to pay $$ for more than one bag slot. FUN.

Posted: May 18th 2010 1:39PM Kitanishi said

You seem to overlook the simple fact that torchMMO was always intended to be published and managed by PWE. ;]

The only thing that changed is that Runic now has 8 million dollars bigger budget than before ;P

Posted: May 18th 2010 11:48AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
You really don't keep appraised of gaming news do you?

PW was ALWAYS making the Torchlight MMO, you can find the press releases from over a year ago talking about it.

The only thing that has changed is that Runic now answered to some suit in China.

And personally, I thought Torchlight was meh at best, Mythos was better and Diablo is still the king.

Posted: May 18th 2010 11:56AM Bhima said

With PW's resources, I'm guessing we can get a Torchlight MMO up and running pretty soon. As long as the game retains the quality of their single-player game, I'll be very happy to spend some time with this.

Posted: May 18th 2010 12:11PM Haleth said

Isn't Battle of the Immortals already a Torchlight-class MMO?

Posted: May 18th 2010 12:12PM Dumac said

Torchlight MMO was always meant to be a microtransaction title as was Mythos, there is really no reason to complain about it. I think they could have done way worse than PWI (although i hope it doesn't get buried under their other titles).

I'm pretty excited about it.

Posted: May 18th 2010 2:35PM karnisov said

well the singleplayer is fun and only cost me $5 so i don't care if they screw the mmo really. i already got my $5 worth out of it.

Posted: May 19th 2010 10:40AM Dogorox said

PWE already puts out some of the better F2P's currently available imo. So I'm thinking that the Runic crew is going to make them even better, with more of type of play and features Western players have come to expect.

Betawatch: August 23 - 29, 2014