Posted: May 19th 2010 12:52PM (Unverified) said

If you don't count promising 'westernization' when they really just badly translated the text as a cash-grab, then I don't think you even know what that word means.

Also consider their terrible support:

Two months to even start bothering with the botting/RMT problem.

Broken fort timers for a full month in December.

Promising server transfers since November (They're coming soon guys!)

Complete lack of communication outside PRSpeak that promises everything and nothing at the same time.

...and you have a company that made big promises it never intended to keep just to get you to buy in on a terrible product. That's what's called a "Cash Grab".

-SirNiko

Posted: May 19th 2010 4:21PM (Unverified) said

"Terrible product"? Nothing done for 2 months?
Dude, I was there too, playing. They came very quickly with the rule that characters below L10 can't use the channels as a first measure to counter goldsellers. After that, they came with measure after measure in an attempt to dam it in.
And they translated the game into english: if you'd thought that with the 'westernization' Aion would suddenly not be an Asian-style MMO anymore - that is, with more grind than average western MMO - than you clearly had to manage your expectations better.

I don't even know why you're playing Aion for months, sounding the way you sound. Aion had a better launch and played smoother than a LOT of other MMO's. It has great gameplay elements, it is fun to play in groups, and even if there are many who won't like it enough to play for months after months, it has enough to offer to provide a fun gaming experience.

"cash grab"... you might as well say that 90% of the MMO market is cash grab then. Get real.

Posted: May 19th 2010 11:20AM (Unverified) said

I hope my MMO makes it. All the talk here discourages me.

Posted: May 19th 2010 11:24AM DrewIW said

Lineage II is still around in the western market.

Aion will survive, but it's unlikely they'll ever have big numbers.

Posted: May 19th 2010 4:24PM (Unverified) said

Don't worry about all the naysayers and gloaters, Aion has a strong base in Asia, it will keep continuing for a long time.

Besides, if you and your friends enjoy it, then that's all that matters :-)

Posted: May 19th 2010 5:10PM Enikuo said

Aion's popularity in the Asian market has no bearing on whether it will continue to be offered in the western market.

I hope it continues to be offered for the players that still play it because SirNiko is right, NCSoft made a killing off of box sales and initial subscriptions. The company's terrible management of the game in the western market is financially irrelevant. So, at this point, the game shutting down in the western market would only hurt the players.

Posted: May 19th 2010 12:19PM (Unverified) said

My toon is only level 23 but I'm loving the game so far. Yes, I know the grind will come in 10 levels or so. I still got my money's worth and then some. Amazon has the game for $32 for those curious. I think it's a steal.

Posted: May 19th 2010 12:24PM (Unverified) said

I still enjoy this game daily.

Posted: May 19th 2010 6:22PM Its Utakata stupid said

Why?

Posted: May 19th 2010 6:43PM (Unverified) said

The PvP is a lot of fun. It takes some effort to get ahead. I like to feel like I accomplished something when I get gear and other things. I like to kill other players. Non-Consensual PvP makes me happy.

Posted: May 29th 2010 3:46PM (Unverified) said