Posted: May 17th 2010 12:11PM (Unverified) said

I will have you know that the writers at Darth Hater are NOT locked in a closet. They are free to use the bathroom at their own leisure without permission.

Also, they do get fresh pizza and more often than not, it's not delivery, it's Di'Giorno's!

Posted: May 17th 2010 12:30PM Larry Everett said

LOL @bigdadsav That's not what my sources tell me :-P

Also, if you're a twitter-ite, you should probably add _Danicia_ (Donna Prior) to the list, too. She is a Community Rep for SWTOR. Just got her twitter handle this morning.

Posted: May 17th 2010 1:49PM Rich said

Seriously?

A weekly column on the game that's still a year out?

Posted: May 17th 2010 3:47PM Interitus said

I'm with Rich. I'm certainly a TOR fan but I mean how much are we going to get out every week? I already check the TOR site every friday before coming to massively. A practice most other TOR fans likely do. Even then it's still reported here on Massively (which is fine). But people are already complaining that the game is getting hyped far too early. Something which I say is more of a media making a big deal out of every word Bioware says rather then Bioware releasing too much info. I just think it feels much to early to start a weekly article (on top of the friday updates) on a game that is a year away.

Posted: May 17th 2010 5:21PM breezer said

Exactly what I was thinking. I know there's already a large following for the game but... there's not even a release date in sight. And there was recently a massively article about the over-coverage and over hype of the game. Apparently the article was not taken to heart by massively.

Posted: May 17th 2010 2:08PM Verus said

Thanks for a cool article. Need something to keep reading while waiting for this game to restore my faith in mmo┬┤s after warhammer, aoc, star trek and all the other horrible ones.

Hopefully they can make it as polished as blizzard did with wow!

Posted: May 17th 2010 2:21PM Darkdust said

SWTOR Twitter? Cool! BTW, I can be followed at @technoskald and I'll be looking to connect up with other SWTOR fans myself.

Posted: May 17th 2010 4:01PM Samael said

This is hilarious, you guys bring out this weekly article for SWTOR after asking on at least two different occasions if people were fed up with it.

Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Posted: May 17th 2010 7:45PM (Unverified) said

What kills me is how people talk about hype like they can't avoid it.

Don't like hearing about SWTOR?
1) Don't click the read more link, let alone make a post complaining about it.
2) Don't subscribe to the twitter feed.
3) Don't go to the TOR website.

Easy. Have some will power and self control.

Posted: May 18th 2010 12:06AM Interitus said

Sorry I never said I don't mind the hype, I pointed out other people do. The reason that it's pointless to be making something else dedicated to TOR is that it's redundant. Those who like TOR already know the latest info before it's updated on Massively. They frequent the main TOR site and other sites such as Darth Hater.

Those people not doing that have less of an interest but may be turned off my being bombarded. I mean it's starting to feel like Massively it's trying to convince people that TOR will be amazing. Yeah you can scroll past it but are these ultimately redundant articles that people either skip or already know the info the best use of resource?

Posted: May 17th 2010 11:05PM RogueJedi86 said

The link to Donna Prior's twitter is broke, it links to the nonsense http://www.massively.com/2010/05/17/hyperspace-beacon-community-guide-to-swtor/twitter.com/_Danicia_

Also, where's the Massively topic on the TOR Friday Feature about Advanced Classes? Even Joystiq has one and it's not even MMO focused!

Posted: May 18th 2010 8:57AM Larry Everett said

Fixed the link to Danicia. Thank you.

As for the Advanced Classes. I did not go into depth about them yet, but we did report on them here: http://www.massively.com/2010/05/13/species-and-advanced-careers-unleashed-in-star-wars-the-old-rep/

Before the Friday announcement. :-)

Posted: May 18th 2010 2:34PM (Unverified) said

"The reason that it's pointless to be making something else dedicated to TOR is that it's redundant. Those who like TOR already know the latest info before it's updated on Massively. "

The main flaw with your argument is the assumption that everyone is like you and doing what you're doing. They're not. Hence the value of this article and those like it. See next section for further clarification.

"Those people not doing that have less of an interest but may be turned off my being bombarded"

It's not a lack of interest that is an issue but the lack of time. This is where Massively excels, especially for people like me who are short on time. I can quickly come here and find quick info about the MMOs that I like and ignore the rest.

"I mean it's starting to feel like Massively it's trying to convince people that TOR will be amazing."

I'm not sure where you're getting this from. Massively is just doing what they advertise: reporting on MMOs. I haven't even seen an editorial or opinion piece done for TOR on this site. Besides, I don't think Massively has to try and convince anyone of TOR being amazing. Why shouldn't it be? The amount of money and time Bioware is putting into this game, especially in the face of their EA overlord, should be commended.

"Couldn't Massively be providing information on something that at least has a release date.. or a game which gameplay we can at least talk about without half of it being guesses and assumptions based off screenshots"

Huh? Didn't you just finish criticizing Massively for posting redundant information? Besides its up to Bioware to release information about their game not Massively.

Again, hype can only affect you if you let it. And if you let it, don't go around making illogical arguments and complain about hype.

WRUP: Expanshapaign is too a word

Posted on Dec 20th 2014 10:00AM