Posted: May 13th 2010 7:40PM (Unverified) said

Kingory is just a reskin of Evony, and as such I would avoid it. I'm honestly surprised to see it promoted here.

Massively has covered some of Evony's bad behaviour: http://www.massively.com/2009/07/13/comment-spam-lewd-advertising-and-stolen-assets-abound-for-evo/

Posted: May 13th 2010 8:26PM (Unverified) said

Wow, how Massively is actually supporting this scam is beyond me.

You guys are aware of the fact that this game is ran by the same thieves how run Evony right?

There's hundreds of generic browser games EXACTLY like Kingory, why talk about it on the blog?

I hope you guys weren't bought out to write this up because no serious MMO player would take this article seriously and you've definitely lost lots of respect from this reader.

Posted: May 14th 2010 12:07AM Beau Hindman said

• 1 heart
Strange, despite these accusations, I had a good amount of fun with the game, and still am. When these crimes happen, I'll be sure to post it.

Until then, I will only tell the truth.

Beau

Posted: May 14th 2010 1:55AM whateveryousay said

• 1 heart
You may or may not be familiar with Beau's writing, but he has an odd way of finding fun in just about any game he plays. I know it can be frustrating when you don't like the game, or have heard nothing but bad things about it. However, it's simply his thing. Nothing more to say.

Posted: May 13th 2010 8:56PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
I like seeing as many MMO's as possible covered. Well done, Beau

Posted: May 14th 2010 1:42AM Dblade said

I agree with them. I'm sure there are better F2P games to cover than reskinned browser games like this, especially if it is linked to Evony. I'd rather see your take on something like Fiesta, Neo Steam, or even something that sucks hard like Ran Online.

Posted: May 14th 2010 1:40AM (Unverified) said

I looked up Kingory just to see if it looked shady...

As it seems Kingory's version existed in China some time ago, it may be that Evony is actually a Kingory clone. :P

Posted: May 14th 2010 8:33AM Beau Hindman said

• 1 heart
Well, understand what I mean by referring to the "truth." It is often thought that I have some kind of ability to ignore a games flaws/errors/poor design, thus making me the perfect candidate to review these sneaky kind of games.

I would like to point out that I do cover the negative, but not if the negative does not effect the game that much. There are many small negative things about this game, but there are also many small positive things going on as well. I only have so many words. The biggest negative is the generic setting, something I talk about at the beginning of the article.

As far as if the company is crooked or not, to be honest my job when reviewing a game is not to discuss or worry about whether or not the former owner was once accused of possibly selling gold to ex-professional gamers that dressed like monkeys, etc..my job is to tell you if I had a good time with the product or not.

And that's the truth part. I will rarely go into gaming "politics" because I think it is a snooze. I am worried about the toy, and I let others worry about the toy makers.

Beau

Posted: Jun 16th 2010 5:43AM (Unverified) said

Cheers! Europe Server 2 is coming!

www.kingory.eu

Launch time: 17:00 June 22 2010 Kingory Server Time
Celebration for the opening of new server:

* once bonus: charge first over 20 €
* regular charge bonus
* newbie gift packs
* promotion items

Posted: Aug 13th 2010 5:48PM (Unverified) said

evony--what a waste of space and time;kingory----like evony but devs couldn't keep hands off game--take items away that were free and made it so u had to buy them;caesary--same as the other 2--where wheel of crap has nothing of value on first spin and trulythey should name them all scroogery---that or go into the golfball makin' business.....rules and game play nvr remain constant as devs always in need of having to improve on their money making abilities.....other than that after a bit they really suck............free is soon 4gotten lmao

Betawatch: December 13 - 19, 2014