Posted: May 13th 2010 11:19PM Tethadam said

The Theo Adam persona was actually overwritten by Teth Adam long ago.

Also to call Black Adam a evil villain is naive. He is a Anti-Hero. He is a man out of time.

The morality of ancient Egypt is far different than the modern world. That morality and ethos is what is at the core of Black Adam.

Posted: May 14th 2010 2:59AM Seraphina Brennan said

This is indeed true (which actually lead to a huge fight amongst the staff on which side Black Adam is on) but we've gotten word that Black Adam will be classified as a villain for reasons of game design in DCUO.

Anti-hero he may be, he's on the side of the evil ones.

~Sera

Posted: May 14th 2010 8:11AM Krystalle Voecks said

Sera beat me to the first part (that SOE said "villain") but I'd also note that it's difficult to wedge such a rich character into a news post as opposed to doing an expanded feature on him. I ultimately settled on writing enough to give people a basic idea of his genesis, hint that his morality places him between the two (I'd rather see him continue to straddle the line myself, but game mechanics are game mechanics), then linked to some other places that have his full history for those interested.

In either case, I think he looks pretty awesome. Can't wait to see what they do with the rest of the characters they're bringing in - and hope we get some more details soon. :)

Posted: May 13th 2010 11:22PM (Unverified) said

so umm . . . powers? zones? gameplay?
just more pictures of more NPCs?
swell.

Posted: May 13th 2010 11:50PM Ayenn said

Are you sure these are NPCs? I'm not.

Posted: May 14th 2010 5:17AM TheGreatMachine said

@Angel
We're not going to be playing them if that's what you're getting at.

Posted: May 14th 2010 3:51AM (Unverified) said

In before NGE, screw SOE

Posted: May 14th 2010 5:24AM TheGreatMachine said

hahaha.
My trust in Jim Lee overrides my mistrust of SOE. The guys a big EQ fan and head honcho at DC, he won't let it suck.

Posted: May 14th 2010 5:15AM TheGreatMachine said

I wish we'd get something other than character reveals. Concept art / model stills are not that exciting compared to years of actual comic book art.

A cursory look a the DCUO wikipedia page tells us which characters we're going to see in the game. Give us a little meat with the bones we're being tossed please.

Posted: May 14th 2010 7:15AM Yue said

Do we get Isis and Osiris too?

Posted: May 14th 2010 9:47AM Tethadam said

Being that Geoff Johns is one of the main writers on DCUO and he is directly responsible for the current mythos of Black Adam (including the Isis and Osiris Storylines) I would hope so.

Posted: May 14th 2010 7:21AM BaronJuJu said

Wow, talks about your blasts from the past. Definitely one of the more unique character to pop up on the DCUO roster.

Posted: May 14th 2010 9:52AM (Unverified) said

wowww forget about this game.. too little too late; as a playstation 3 gamer and an mmorpg vet. i was soo hype over this game but they lost a customer as know FFXIV holds all my intress for the main ps3 mmorpg; and i know i aint the only one that feels this way

Posted: May 15th 2010 9:23AM Snichy said

...and yet you read and comment on a DCUO article - obviously you are more interested than you think.

Posted: May 14th 2010 10:22AM (Unverified) said

Isis and Osiris died so I'm pretty sure you won't see them.

Posted: May 14th 2010 12:03PM Tethadam said

Isis was brought back to life by Felix Faust. She was held captive till Black Adam rescued her.

Eventually both Black Adam and Isis were turned into stone statues by the wizard Shazam.

At the end of Blackest Night Osiris was one of the dead to return to life permanently.
He was last seen taking the petrified forms of Black Adam and Isis then flying away.

Posted: May 14th 2010 12:48PM (Unverified) said

Seriously, when are they actually going to start talking about something important like gameplay. I want to like this game (obviously), but the lack of details is starting to get worrisome.

Posted: May 14th 2010 1:33PM (Unverified) said

Man, I sure love these character reveals. Who needs actual information about gameplay, content, character creation/advancement, etc? Not me!

Seriously, though, SOE, we get it, every DC character to ever exist in the history of DC will be in this game. NOW TALK ABOUT THE GAME. Holy crap.

Posted: May 14th 2010 3:12PM (Unverified) said

its called dcuosource.com it has information about the game and game play. you guys just dont look hard enough and rely on massively for information.