Posted: May 25th 2010 4:31AM (Unverified) said

I am still a subscribed player of WAR on the EU servers. I have to say that when I came back from having left warhammer pre-LOTD the game has been getting wayyyyy better. Having said this, the game still lacks so much content! I am asking all current players this question, how many times do you spend time not moving ingame looking at your screen hoping for something to happen? On my server K-Azgal, order has a predominant population and is dominant in scenarios due to the migration of Sovereign gear farmers from the dead server of Eltharion (meaning that you get steamrolled by Jesus, YES GEAR COUNTS ALSO IN WAR DON'T DENY IT, and damn GOA screwed up the server transfers big time!)... There at times where the oRvR fields are empty and it's just a RvE situation, in scenarios you can't join, and PVE is out of the question ( It's shit, 80% of bosses are bugged/or can be bugged, I did Lost Vale in 3 ppl just by entering the game textures with no damn HACKS (just walk by the sea and jump in the wall LOL! damn pathetic mythic)... in other words sometimes you haven't got shit to do apart from staring at your screen, luckily I've got a great guild and alliance to pass my time on TS/Vent otherwise with the blank moments in this game I would have quit even after the improvements in the game.

I love Warhammer Online but I believe it doesn't have a future, I will enjoy it as much as possible until a new, better MMO is out. And from what I read/hear 80+% of the population will do the same unless some huge budget improvement is made on this game!

Posted: May 25th 2010 9:42AM ShadowWar said

I'm not sayign this to be flippant or dismissive: You have a self created problem. This is an RvR game, the majority of the content is player driven. Every person who's just standing around doing nothing, whether in the nearest warcamp, or in a city, is the problem. The content of the game is fighting each other, we're just given a playground to do it in. If you, myself, and other's don't leave the car to get out and play then we're not going to have any fun.

If you find yourself staring at the screen, make sure you're in a queue for scenarios, and go run out to the lakes or LotD. If you still can't find anything, then you have a genuine complaint, towards the people who aren't doing anything.

Posted: May 25th 2010 2:16PM (Unverified) said

The problem is that there must be incentives for a player to go and fight in rvr, apart from peak times RvR lakes are EMPTY. If, for my server's case, zone locks occur every 3 hours, it get repetitive, it's just a RvE farm for RPs spending time flying from one zone to another. You say join scenario, during capital you can't do that (happens 6 times aday at least!), and in any case instanced content is not a solution to the problem (lack of content), not to mention that this is even more repetitive then oRvR. LOTD is bull imho, orvr there is nearly always just ganking as 90% of people there are leveling up, the rest 10% are hardcore players farming TOVL, not to mention that you need to be lucky to see it free to access. Warhammer will remain a very casual game because of the great fun it gives in the short term before it gets repetitive, something that the majority of MMO players do NOT like. To fix this, a way to keep oRvR player based needs to be found, scenarios are fine as they are (time fillers, cant go on for hours), LOTD needs to be redesigned to have Warbands there, apart from Airship (which is a 5min thing anyway) that zone is just 1vx noobs, or random fight encounter with party for ToVL.

Posted: Jun 4th 2010 12:46AM (Unverified) said

Well, Ive been playing War since Beta, and they have changed, added, removed, updated, and downgraded alot in that time. The one problem I see, and have always seen with the game is CLASS BALANCE! Maybe its just me, but if a mirror class gets something, IE skill, attack, whatever, its counterpart should get something to either defend against it, or get something equal to it. In about 70% of the cases with war, a class and its mirror are close to equals. I also think the Devs should be forced to play more destro classes and characters. A long time ago, one of the producters or Devs said, "always bet on order" I took this with a grain of salt for a while, till it became clear they would do anything they can to make order more playable, more group friendly, and overall easier to play. I have both order and Destro toons, so im not a GO GO DESTRO nerd by any means, but I find myself playing my order toon and just enjoying the flow of the game, and how easy everything messes together. Then I log on my destro toons, and I always feel I have to work 10X harder for that renown, or gear, or the kill. Seems to me they need to focus more on class balance and bringing mirrors closer to each other than they already are, IE chosen/KOTBS, Witch hunters/Witchelves, annd so on, just my two cents.

Posted: Jun 29th 2010 1:22PM (Unverified) said

I am currently playing on Karak-Azghal on my rr 59 BG

Both sides are equally balanced, there is rvr action from 12:00-02:00 =14 hours of RVR each day. new city sieges are interesting and fun. Scenarios are as always fun and now they actually give you something.

When I play on Azghal destro whines on imbalances in classes and I have to defend order.
When I play Norn order whines on imbalances in classes and I have to defend destro.

Game is balanced, classes are balanced. the only problem is that players love to feel that their side is the weakest and that they get steamrolled because of imbalances instead of realising that they suck and theyr opponents knows how to play!

War is improving slow but steady and as long as there are suscribers the game will just continue to get better!

Only problem I see is content for rr80 players. When you are rr80 the game is over, you have perfect gear, you can solo a FG lowbies, perfect build. There just isnt any reason to continue to play except for duels.

What I want to happen in war is to give rr80 players something to play for. Like rr70+ premade scenarios, battlegrounds with top100players. maybe some new pve or even improve city sieges and orvr to let the high players have a more important role.