Posted: May 12th 2010 8:09PM Deadalon said

• 1 heart
I play in Europe - we got 2 ENG servers. 1 is Destro - 1 is order. Thats how it is - thats how all normal ppl will realise it is. The game is built in crappy RVR mecanics. Your welcome to spend your entire life playing on 3 servers (how many are now left in US?) But normal ppl will realise within a week how bad things really are.

And since you obviously missed it... Bioware runs the MMO department of EA. That includes all Mythic games. There is no talk of any future development of any Mythic game atm and that means that there is AT LEAST 1 -2 years until ANY real content update is added. Now.... Im perfectly free to point that out to every gamer.

There are quite a few ppl still playing UO. The thing is... they know that the game has lived out its glory days - and noone is telling otherwise. When it comes to WAR.. the game never had its glory days.... and it never will. Thats just how it is.. Maybe we will see 5 new lead devs in the next 10 months (pretty much current ratio) that are trying to hide the obvious.... But we all know the results.

Posted: May 13th 2010 2:29AM (Unverified) said

Deadalon, realize it please ffs, that you have NO right to talk in the name of 'normal' (or even abnormal) people. You can have an opinion of your own. And that's it.

Posted: May 12th 2010 8:15PM karnisov said

wow grimnir, you have more than 33% of the comments on this article. your rabid fanboy is showing. lol

Posted: May 13th 2010 2:25AM (Unverified) said

Because only naysayers have a valid base to talk, huh?

Posted: May 12th 2010 9:36PM Deadalon said

Acording to the dev... the playerbase is very happy... And the game is in good place....

Posted: May 13th 2010 2:23AM (Unverified) said

Mere fortunetelling and doomsaying... again, as per usual

Posted: May 13th 2010 12:14PM (Unverified) said

"Nothing is off the table." = "We have no clue how to fix it."

Posted: May 13th 2010 3:43AM FrostPaw said

Of course thier focus is RvR, thats because for the first 9 months after launch they spent all of their time pushing the PvE players out of their game. Mythic made a decent world and good translation of classes from Warhammer but they failed to deliver a PvE experience that kept PvE players wanting to play, immediately after launching Mark Jacobs line switched to "we're focusing on RvR now" as if all the PvE gamers we're happy.

When they did add in PvE content it was basicly a way to get more PvE players into the RvR areas so they can get ganked by their opponents who outnumbered their faction about 3-1 on every server I played on. At what point did Mythic think faction balance would just "sort itself out" ? gamers just want to win, winning is fun losing is not thats why faction balance dosn't happen when left up to the players.

After 3 forced server transfers each one putting me on a server I had to delete high level alts to get on, constantly being outnumbered or aoe'd through floors and being told if you want to PvE you should consider entering our new RvR content you know...so all those gank squads roaming the RvR zones have somebody to kill in between crying about balance. The constant incompetence by GOA to adequately manage the european community and Mythic deciding that live events that involved dozens of hours of grinding in PvE meant people didn't want to PvE they liked to RvR actualy NO people want decent PvE not the retarded designs of your live event grinding.

Here's a tip, if you have to convince your playerbase to enter RvR zones with constant bonuses, rewards, tokens etc.....thats because they were never that intrerested in your RvR in the first place.

So yes, you get to focus on your RvR now because thats the only element of your playerbase still subscribing.

Posted: May 13th 2010 4:17AM (Unverified) said

A really good description, imo.

Otherwise, I'd like to see a decent PvE revamp; even though I'm fond of ORvR and it's great per se that they are focusing on it, some *meaningful* PvE is still needed for diversity even for PvPers, imo. But I would be happy with that if those huge parts of existing maps *beyond* ORvR lakes were revamped to be useful somehow in either PvP or (preferably) PvE.

And I WANT the two other (dwarve/elven) pairings back in any meaningful form!

Posted: May 13th 2010 11:04AM (Unverified) said

I play on Karak-Azgal an EU server on the side of destro, prime time and oRvR is jumping with lots of large scale battles. At the moment order are the dominant side, but this tends to go in cycles a few months ago it was destro who were dominant. The primary reason for this tend to be how organized the alliances are on either side as realm balance is pretty good. As we all know any player alliance's can be a delicate flower :)

But saying all this the point of War is killing other players. If you run with an organized guild even against greater numbers you can have an excellent time. Large numbers of players tend to be slow and just follow the herd. An organized war band can hit them in the healers and have devastating effects. Or take objects tactically, some of the best moments we have had have been holding a battle objective those last 30 seconds while the horde descends.

Posted: May 13th 2010 11:36AM (Unverified) said

I stopped playing just as the Choppa was released, so it's been a while, is there enough going on in tier 4 these days to keep you occupied. I miss my Squiggie :-D

Posted: May 13th 2010 12:03PM (Unverified) said

Reniart, you've probably been away long enough that you can set up a re-enlistment trial (7 free days?) to come back and check out the changes and state of the game for yourself. Besides, your squig herder is due for his yearly bath. He smells of mushrooms and Ork dung.

Posted: May 13th 2010 12:11PM (Unverified) said

My Squiggie had too much fun killing Order to worry about personal hygiene.
Although that might explain why I was always told to stand down wind :-)

Posted: May 13th 2010 1:39PM (Unverified) said

I have played every major MMO since Everquest was released, if you want to play a game for gear score play WOW if you want to play a game where it takes a decent amount of skill to play your class at a good level, and play as a team for PVP combat then try warhammer it wont let you down.

Some decent RvR footage from our guild.

Posted: May 21st 2010 7:56PM (Unverified) said

> War is still competitive at all levels, small scale PvP and large all out Open Realm vs Realm.

That is wrong. Where it counts most in terms of customer acquisition, Tier 1, WAR is not competitive. It's dominated by twinks and twink guilds (a bad thing for a game based on RvR). The first ten ranks and RR for any paying player or interested trial are defined by one-shotting and generally low TTK, 500:20 scenario losses, and barely being able to garner the 110 medallions needed for one weapon.

The recent patch has made it even easier for twinks. Medallion vendors have moved into the warcamps, giving twinks easy access to some of the most powerful talismans (runspeed and AP reduction) and the most powerful weapons while making it even harder for T2/3 players to get them. No non-twink can get the 220 medallions needed for both sets of weapons, 440 for tanks, and buying the 2h talismans is cost-prohibitive to anyone BUT twinks.

Remember, twinks don't pay EA money. They're f2p players, using a mechanic for their own needs.

This situation is frustrating to any new player, add the ill-conceived /advice channel and we don't portray a good side to anyone interested in subscribing. And those losses are tangible in T2/3 and slowly in T4.

CSR respond rarely, if ever, and almost never take action. From reported names to worse, getting any action taken is more or less a crapshoot. Players who got hacked were basically told "we know who has your gold, we know who has your stuff, here's their names, ask them if they'll give it back") signaling that EA would neither ban gold-sellers, gold-buyers, and account thieves NOR help in the recovery of goods. The guy who admits he bought 20k gold from someone who hacked one of my guildies accounts still plays in T4. How do we know he did in the first place? The CSR TOLD us who had the stuff.

I've played this game since very early in closed beta, have the World Shaper title to prove it, and spent more time helping people "get" the game than play since then. The dude who paid a powerlevel service and used autokey to farm RR in the T1 WC (at least they fixed that), gets EA love and an invite to private-test content with the devs, while I - after my son mailed off my gold and gear to what he thought was his new toon but was mispelled - get a "sorry bud, we won't do anything about that".

No, the game is far from balanced and enjoyable in T1-3.

Posted: May 13th 2010 1:43PM Alchemda said

Wow it seems a lot of the nay sayers have been away for a very very long time. Every single one mentioned old bugs, old frustrations, THAT DON'T EXIST ANYMORE.

To be honest, I was a naysayer for a long long time. I played at launch, thought the game was fun, loved the RVR, but the bugs, and the exploits and broken careers really put me off. I quit right before LotD expansion. I told myself to never touch war again with a 10 foot pole and kept telling people to stay away of the failing game.

Then about a month ago I got a strange itch for good PVP/RVR. I was eligible for the 10 days free returning players deal and started it up. Holy hell the game is vastly superior to its previous iterations. I really think that if they launched with 1.3.5 back when they originally launched the game would have 10x the subscriber base it does now.

The game is really great now in my opinion. I'm having a great time, the battles are fierce,the PVP is good, the population domination swings back and forth. This is a PVP/RVR game first and foremost, not a PVE game. I don't PVE, and haven't since launch, I level with RVR, i get loot with RVR, I live RVR. If War had NO PVE in the game, I'd be happy, and I think a lot of the current sub base would.

The people that play this game are die hard PVP nuts, you don't play War to PVE, having the expectation that your going to have a WOW like PVE experience is naive. To say that the game is dying is also naive. It is alive and well, but just on a slower pace due to the dev size. It'd be different if they were only fixing major issues and just coasting, but they aren't, they are engaged in the community and updating and improving the game.

Seriously guys, if you think the game is crap, nor have played the game but haven't for a long time, YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR 10 DAY RETURN, FREE! Play all your old toons, whats the most you have to lose, nothing, but to gain, you have the opportunity to play a good PVP game.

Posted: May 13th 2010 1:44PM (Unverified) said

Posted: May 13th 2010 2:50PM ShadowWar said

Hater's are always going to hate. As said elsewhere, the vast majority of comments from detractors make it evidenlty clear that they have not played in a very long time.

If you've been gone for so long, take your 10 free days and try it out. You'll probably get stomped into the ground, stomp a few people into the ground, and love every minute of it.

Posted: May 14th 2010 9:37AM (Unverified) said

"Deadalon said on 9:36PM 5-12-2010

In other words... this is how WAR will spend the next 2 years. I wonder if that same playerbase will still be happy then. Playerbase of 20 ppl maybe ?"

Make that 21.....I just re-subbed after an almost 2 year absence. The game had problems at release, if it was released in it's current state (lots of fixed bugs), it might have done a lot better.

However I'll sub for a month or two for a break from WoW until Cata ships.

Posted: May 20th 2010 6:16PM (Unverified) said

I play the game and its great. They keep changing.

With this new city patch RvR has gotten a spark. We even kept order out of our city last night just for the hell of it. Maybe I'll make some you tube demos out of the fraps i've been doing.

Scenarios are by far the most popular and sometimes make the population seem hidden because they are instanced.

However, when RvR lights up its often 300 v 300 and very enjoyable.