Posted: May 11th 2010 10:30AM whateveryousay said

This game had some serious potential, but the second I stepped into the open beta all I saw were numerous bugs and glitches, the scope of which should have been taken care of in closed beta. It's a shame to know that it's probably going to be dead over this. What really pisses me off though is this quote;

"It was NEVER conceived to be a full-blown MMO, which costs upwards of $15 million and three to five years to complete. The trend, however, over the last months has been to move this game to the scope of a full-blown MMO."

Well, if it was never meant to be a full-blown MMO, then why did you partner with True Games, a distributor of MMO games, to publish your work?

I've said it once, i'll say it again. Fail.

Posted: May 11th 2010 7:17PM daicon said

Have you played True Games other free to play game, Warriors Epic?

If you did, you'd know how much fail the point you're trying to make is.

Posted: May 11th 2010 8:46PM whateveryousay said

I liked Warrior Epic, so i'm not sure what you're trying to say here. If you're saying Warrior Epic isn't a good game, I disagree. If you're saying Warrior Epic isn't an MMO, then I disagree with that as well.

Posted: May 12th 2010 8:32PM daicon said

"full-blown MMO", Warrior Epic is at best a diablo-clone. Diablo isn't a fullblown MMO.

The argument CEO Chuck Kroegel is making is that their game wasn't intended to take on a full-blown scale, but has been continuing to grow into that. So understanding that, you saying that True Games only releases full-blown MMOs and that a partnership with them requires that is just plain wrong.

I said it before and I'll say it again. Fail.

Posted: May 12th 2010 11:11PM whateveryousay said

Haha. Cute. Unfortunately, you're not really making any good points here. The only difference between Warrior Epic and what you would consider a "full-blown MMO" is that WE is instance based. Well, guess what, Mytheon is instance based too. The argument being made by Chuck isn't going to fly here. They knew exactly what they were getting into, they just couldn't deliver what they promised.

Posted: May 13th 2010 9:00AM daicon said

Lol, that's not the only difference, and unless you were there and understand the inner workings of what went on at Petroglyph then I don't assume you have much of a point either.

WE isn't a full blown MMO, it's a multiplayer dungeon crawler. The entire game is instanced. Can you run around a world with more than like 5 characters? No, it's not "full blown".

I wouldn't argue that Mytheon is a full blown title either, it certainly wasn't meant to be. But I wouldn't assume that True Games wasn't continually putting pressure on them to make it into one. See how this could go either way?

I think there were alot of eyes on this title, and there's certainly been alot of advertising put out for it. Expectations for the game have been pretty high, so maybe Petroglyph wasn't able to meet certain expectations with what very well may have been a small development team, not much money and/or little time. That, and maybe True Games is trying to get control of a very capable IP to work with since WE isn't much of a crowd drawer. And this lawsuit is coming out right as the game is entering open beta?

So, sorry that Chuck's words pissed you off, but it may likely be a valid reason. Only people with low intelligence assume they know which side is right and wrong based off their own viewpoint (in your case someone who "stepped into the open beta" and wasn't pleased). The fail lies solely with you this time, good sir.

Posted: May 13th 2010 2:56PM whateveryousay said

Daicon, if i'm the one that's "pissed off" why are you the one that continues to resort to cheesy insults?

That being said, you're right. I don't know what went on with Petroglyph, or True Games for that matter. No more than you do, i'd assume. The possibility that, "Petroglyph wasn't able to meet certain expectations with what very well may have been a small development team, not much money and/or little time." just isn't enough though. It should be, obviously, but it's not. This same thing is asked of developers all the time, especially in the f2p market.

Again, I just don't agree with you about the MMO status of a game like Warrior Epic. By a similar design, it would be like calling Guild Wars anything but a "full blown MMO". Just because I can't run around a world with more than the amount of people I have in my party doesn't make it less of an MMO than the rest, it's just an MMO with different rules. The size of the instances in GW are obviously much larger in scale than those in WE, but the rules are the same.

Anyway, again you are right. I can't call which party is at fault here based solely on my own point of view. I can only give my opinion on the matter, which is what i've been doing, albeit with a sense of justification.

Posted: May 11th 2010 10:53AM kasapina said

I didn't bother reading any additional material on the topic, because I don't really care, but I guess its not really nice to be on the suing side either - investing loads of money only to get the release date moved again and again, is not a good situation to be in.

Posted: May 11th 2010 11:13AM (Unverified) said

Wow...this is a surprise.

Posted: May 11th 2010 12:09PM (Unverified) said

Good for them. Warrior Epic is great. Mytheon... Not so much....

Posted: May 11th 2010 1:19PM (Unverified) said

I really enjoy Mytheon, very unique game among the sea of crap out there. Reading through the court doc it sounds like True Games is trying to get their source code to squeeze them out.

For record I tried Warrior Epic and it is one of the biggest F2P turds out there. Typical F2P crap. I would have skipped Mytheon, but because Petroglyph made the game I gave it a shot. Glad I did!

Posted: May 11th 2010 2:35PM MewmewGrrl said

No offense, but have you played Mytheon? It's unplayable due to the bugs that 90% of the players run into. They want what they were promised, how many times does the game have to be pushed back? How many times should they just let the deadline slip? If Petroglyph COULD have fixed it, they should have already, because the same major bugs have been there right along since CB way back when. They can't fix it, so turn over the source code to someone who may be able to. Let them try to salvage the game and actually get the thing released. It is a really neat game, but these serious bugs that we've reported for so very long haven't been fixed and Petroglyph keeps breaking the contract over and over, so why do you make like it's True Games fault?

Posted: May 11th 2010 1:48PM (Unverified) said

The mods on the official Mytheon boards are busily deleting any threads discussing this lawsuit, bu there has so far not been any official announcement, or bans. The threads just...vanish.

Posted: May 14th 2010 3:53AM (Unverified) said

Hmm, I'm having a hard time determining who Blah? and daicon work for. Someone help me out here =P

Seems that both parties are really at fault here... After reading the full document, and wishing i could have my $60 back from buying the panzer general board game, its seems like petro has really let the qaulity of their games slip after Universe at war (For PC that is).

True games paid a company do make an mmo, a company that has never made one.... Why they are calling it a MMORTS, who knows. I played in beta, not any RTS action going on. Petro knows what a real MMORTS is beacause they are making one with tanks and shit (At least it looks like a real mmorts, i hopefully i dont summon tanks and have then autofollow me around...). Hopefully that game is better... Screens look cool, hope to see a petro booth at E3 to check it out in more detail

What is petro thinking, they called that beta "Playable"?????? I couldnt stay connected for more then 15 mins before its crashed. Of those 15 minutes, 10 of them were pretty noticable bugs..

Dont be suprised if we get petro posters here either, if we havent already =). they vigorously try to defend their titles on forums and act like the general public. *cough cough* panzer!!!!! *Cough* Cough* game comes out and everyone who mysteriously lives in neveda gives it a 10 rating on boardgamegeek, lawl. No one from the company of course, that would just be admitting defeat. THEN a Kroegle gets on the form and says he loves the game he designed so much and that;s why he gave it a 10 rating... I Lawlzied all night!!! This was after i purchased the game, being a HUGE SSI panzer fan...

And now, petro is pumping out MORE summoner wars clones... maybe these will be better but from the looks of it, their nearly identical. PETRO, your breaking my heart!!!!! Went from AAA RTS gold (Universe at war) to creating unfinshed board games, now to.... Not getting a game out at all because of lawsuites. WTF Mates...

OMG LAWLZ at the first paragraph on page 6 of the legal doc... Forged a signature and he says, "Voodoo." And he gets to play with millions of dollors every day. VOODOO!!!! LAWLAWLAWLAWL True games should get their money based off that one response alone.... VOOODOO!!!!!!!!!!

LETS HEAR IT, on 3!!!