Posted: May 11th 2010 1:28PM (Unverified) said

Looks like the same game with better shaders. Not sure if its enough to demand a re-grind.

Posted: May 11th 2010 2:10PM TheJackman said

wow can not believe they making a 2nd one!!

Posted: May 11th 2010 2:21PM Valentina said

looks exactly the same...

Posted: May 11th 2010 5:31PM Tom in VA said

I like your wording here: "strange new world".

I'd say that sums up this game rather aptly.

I've tried maybe a dozen or so MMOs. Sword of the New World has the rather dubious distinction of being the worst, most ridiculous of them all by a country mile. I could hardly delete the game from my computer fast enough.

Posted: May 11th 2010 9:02PM whateveryousay said

All these screens seem to be from the original game. I think you should contact GamersFirst and tell them to get their act together. Not that they ever will, but they need to hear it all the same.

Posted: May 11th 2010 9:42PM PrimeSynergy said

Sad to admit I enjoyed the first one, but it soon became a grind fest like no other. Soon after you can no longer buy decent gear from vendors, you're left all on your own to try and grind for days, sometimes weeks, at a time for ONE piece of gear.

It doesn't help that it takes forever to get to level 100 and when you do, guess what? Another long grind that can take months just to get anywhere.

All the hardcore players didn't help either. They had the best characters and gear which literally made it impossible to compete.

Omg, I need to stop before I go on a rampage. This game had potential, but it was by far one of the biggest grindfests ever. The graphics and gameplay from these screens look exactly the same too. They really need to get their act together, because pretty soon this game won't have a leg to stand on.

Posted: May 19th 2010 5:10AM (Unverified) said

It's just a marketing move; it's the SAME game. They're just gonna CALL it Sword 2 after the next major patch to make it look fresh.

In fact you can keep all your characters and stuff. It's really just a major patch (4.6 IIRC). Think Neocron 2, which was no real sequel either.