Posted: May 9th 2010 8:14AM (Unverified) said

Embalmed Cadavers in CoX oh and the life mages they love to explode just when you think you've got em on the ropes.
If im heading over to kings row for any reason i do go out of my way to teach them a lesson for all that xp debt they gave me when i was still a noob.

Posted: May 9th 2010 8:15AM Faryon said

Any mobs with annoying, shrieking sound-effects that I have to kill a lot of.

Posted: May 9th 2010 8:17AM Dread said

DAMN YOUR EYES HOGGER!!!!

Posted: May 9th 2010 9:17AM (Unverified) said

This.

Posted: May 9th 2010 8:30AM (Unverified) said

Porings. Damn their little pink blobby faces. DAMN THEM I SAY!
They must all die, weak and puny as they are, for they must suffer for their sins of how many little Novices must have fallen to their squishiness over these many, many years.
I will see the grass stained pink, the river running thick with their jellopies.
There will be no rest for them, for when I hear that *bloop bloop* approach the edge of my screen, my blade shall strike true!

Posted: May 9th 2010 8:35AM Dumac said

I always hat trouble with WoW Murlocs. They're smaller than most mobs making judging distance by eye a little harder, they always have some sort of shaman type with a self heal, they run away when low on health and because they are usually spaced very closely together, they attract allies. They're a huge pain at lower levels. Although i appreciate at least one tough mob type in the easy mode otherwise known as WoW.

Posted: May 9th 2010 9:11AM aurickle said

Neekerbreekers and their ilk in LotRO. Yes, I said ilk!

They're not as bad now, but it used to be that you'd get them just about dead and then they'd burrow underground to recover their health. Meanwhile, you had to stand around twiddling your thumbs.

Turbine has dialed the annoyance factor back a bit, though. Probably from a 10 to a 9. :p

Posted: May 9th 2010 12:03PM (Unverified) said

I say birds in LotRO - they're always there hovering and will break your run buffs and slow you down every time you try to run cross country

Posted: May 9th 2010 1:29PM (Unverified) said

Murlocs, dagnabit. I was out of WoW for years before my friends convinced me to get bak in, and the Murlocs are as bad as ever. I hate Murlocs!

Posted: May 9th 2010 9:47AM Holgranth said

Going to have to give props to both murlocs and hogger but my true grudge match would be against those RUDDY shadowmoon assasins that haunted a few instances in buring crusade. I was playing on a nice soft undergeared healer at the time and those guys ALWAYS managed to get past the tank and get behind me before aggroing.

Needless to say after getting two shotted for the eighteenth time I worked up a lot of hate for them.

Posted: May 9th 2010 9:57AM TheGreatMachine said

Malboros in FFXI. Or any FF really

Posted: May 9th 2010 10:07AM (Unverified) said

The Dragoons at the Skyfire entrance in The Over There from EQ. Worst placement of overpowered MOBs ever. So many group wipes. I always made a point of going back for them after maxing level on my Ranger. Still a tough fight, but worth it for the revenge factor.

Posted: May 10th 2010 12:46AM (Unverified) said

THIS.

That "Deathsprint" the SF Zoneline was always interesting "Gonnamakeit, Gonnamakeit, Gonnamakeit!...Loading, Please Wait.."...and not in the Good, I just Zoned kinda way :) lol

I kept a Cleric parked at the SF ramp for a couple years lol.

Posted: May 9th 2010 10:08AM (Unverified) said

My most hated mob was the Shaupaut. This is a silly looking monkey creature that lived on Naboo in SWG. The reason it is still my most hated is because SWG was my first MMO, my house was outside Theed, and these lil buggers would kick my @ss whenever I came to or left said house. So once I finally skilled up enough to kill these Jerry Lewis grade annoyances, I did it every chance I got.

Posted: May 9th 2010 10:18AM (Unverified) said

Hogger for sure.
But the one I loathe, nay *hate* with a passion, is this guy:

(or as it's been so eloquently drawn: http://machall.com/view.php?date=2005-02-07 )

Posted: May 10th 2010 9:53AM Tom in VA said

^^This!

I always was amazed how something as big and nasty as that devilsaur could sneak up on you.

The Fel Reaver(s) in Burning Crusade's Hellfire Peninsula (WoW) also fits into that "Big-but-really-sneaky" category.

Posted: May 10th 2010 12:12PM (Unverified) said

lol guess what *just* killed me in WoW..

It wasn't until I heard it's screech that I realised it was right behind me, and of course, I died :S

(Revenge shall be mine at L80, Mr Fel Reaver..)

Posted: May 9th 2010 11:40AM (Unverified) said

In LOTRO, the wights in the Barrow-downs drove me absolutely crazy... they decide to pop out of every single tomb when you're about 90% down like "I'm the clown who came to town to take your health all the way down...."

I despise them.

Posted: May 9th 2010 12:02PM VioletArrows said

Spiders.

No game in particular. Just the goddamned trope of spiders. So sick of it I could cry. It's 2010, think up your own fucking monsters already. Every programmer who's ever thought 'lol this should get em creeped out' can have one lay eggs in their brain. Even you, Shigeru Miyamoto. You may be my hero, but you get no free pass. Especially not after the Arbiter's Grounds boss in Twilight Princess.

Posted: May 9th 2010 12:08PM alzeer said

most ffxi mobs got trick or 2 that made them very annoying

Tigers : had +movement speed & hard to escape from
goblins: self-destruct
Sabotenders : the famous 1000 needles
any Undead : low health agro , they attack at the worst time
Soulflayers : poison aoe + bio aoe + sleep aoe.....ect
the list goes on and on by my personal choice is
Chigoes!!
as a caster they were nightmare to me
they are soo small that can be missed easily & canot be target unless attack 1st
their fast attacking speed makes them interrupt my spells , finding my self helpless again them >,< while melee classes can 1 shot them is very frustrating