Krystalle: /sings in Tom Petty style "the innnntro, is the hardest part"
Eliot: But the intro is the hardest part -- no one reads the piece if you don't know how to start. You try to crack a joke, you try to keep it smart, the intro is the hardest part.
And now that the post has been properly (or improperly) introduced, let's take a trip with Tom Petty into the wonderful world of what we're playing this weekend.
- Brendan Drain (@nyphur): I'm up for a hectic weekend of typing words onto the internetwebs. The EVE Online Tyrannis contests have been incredibly popular and a lot more work to organize than I'd expected. If I get the chance, I'll probably pop into Runes of Magic to play the daily mini-games.
- Dan O'Halloran: Children's Week, of course, in WoW. The dialogue with the Wolvar pup from the Dalaran quest line is top notch. Taking a break from LotRO at the moment, but still playing Pocket Legends on the iPhone, Lord of Ultima in my web browser and City of Eternals on Facebook. Yes, it's a vampire MMO. On Facebook. Don't hate.
- Edward Marshall:The level cap on Fallen Earth is 50 now, so that's where I'll be.
- Eliot Lefebvre: I'm playing the heck out of my spiders in CoH, and taking advantage of STO's Welcome Back Weekend to play with a few friends who had to step away for a bit. Offline, there's still more of FFXIII to see, and the new DLC is saying it might be time for another ME2 playthrough.
- Jef Reahard: Let's see, the Godslayer beta, vanilla AoC (finally got 40 and a horse, woo), and of course NCsoft had to go and drop another double XP weekend into the mix, so I'm sure I'll get a couple levels on my various Daevas. Offline I'm playing through Rock Star's GTAIV downloadable content packs, as a warm up for the forthcoming Red Dead Redemption.
- Justin Olivetti (@sypster): I'm still hacking away at Volume 1 on my captain in LotRO, but Mass Effect 2 has threatened to kill everyone I love if I don't give it more time, so I suppose I should do that. Oh, and Warstorm on Facebook is becoming one of my new addictions!
- Krystalle Voecks (@Krystalle): D&D (4e) kicks off my weekend on Friday night this week, where I'm sure even more kobolds will somehow manage to sound like James Brown, thanks to my very silly gaming group. For MMOs, It's all Age of Conan -- gotta get ready for Godslayer. Beyond that, I'll be splitting the rest of my weekend between the addictive Pocket Legends and working with Jobsite Theater. I think I'm going to need more coffee.
- Shawn Schuster (@SSchuster): Since Choose my Adventure started back up this week, the readers have chosen Aion for me to explore. I'll be taking my newly-created character through the starter area and carving out a story for the write-up on Wednesday. Other than that, lots of Fable II and Free Realms.
- Seraphina Brennan (@sera_brennan): I'm going to be trying out the Global Agenda test server this weekend, as I'm really looking forward to trying the new PvE and jetpack features. Plus, I might give Fallen Earth a shot for a bit this weekend. That or EverQuest II. We'll see which one wins the coin toss.
And now it's your turn, everyone. What are you playing this weekend? And if anyone wants to get a special gold star for participation this week -- suggest a bonus question to ask the Massively team in next week's WRUP! Any questions used will be entirely at our discretion, and sadly our collection of gold stars are entirely virtual -- but a gold star's a gold star. WRUP away!