Posted: May 9th 2010 3:55AM armoredisamu said

Definitely Tabula Rasa. It's the only MMOG that I was sad to leave.

Posted: May 8th 2010 7:49PM (Unverified) said

Tabula Rasa of course... but after the D16 patch

Posted: May 8th 2010 10:08PM cray said

Without hesitation Tabula Rasa.

Posted: May 8th 2010 11:20PM (Unverified) said

Planetside. 'Nuff said. We'd have so much trouble keeping servers up to handle the pops....

Posted: May 9th 2010 12:52AM ViRi said

Agree with everyone else Tabula Rasa.

Posted: May 9th 2010 12:18AM Stormwaltz said

Asheron's Call 1.

I'm terribly, terribly biased of course.

Posted: May 9th 2010 12:50AM (Unverified) said

Morrowind. I much prefer the world of Morrowind than Oblivion for the perfect MMO. The perfectly established lore is perfect for players to experience.

Posted: May 9th 2010 1:14AM (Unverified) said

Shadowbane

Posted: May 9th 2010 1:32PM (Unverified) said

Definitely shadowbane.

Posted: May 9th 2010 5:18AM Unverfied B said

What i would REALLY like to see become open source is EVE online.
Not even the game itself, but their core technology, clustering stuff, etc.
It's based on Stackless Python (which is open source) but the have done alot of very interesting work on it, and if that work could be contributed back to the open source community it would be really useful to a lot of developers and other companies.

Linden Labs have released their python-based networking stuff (http://eventlet.net/), why can't CCP do that as well?

Posted: May 9th 2010 10:07AM J Brad Hicks said

Neocron. Oh, gods, please, Neocron. Better yet, don't even open-source it. Somehow raise, for me and maybe 2 other people who remember the old Neocron storyline, even a modest investment, by today's MMO standards, so we can hire some people to clean up (or replace) the antique netcode, and just turn me loose with the mission-writing tools. I'd regress the storyline to the end of Neocron 1, and rewrite Neocron 2's storyline from scratch to make better use of the fully-realized art assets of Neocron City and the Dome of York, to make much less use of the painfully generic and low-rez Wasteland sectors. Had they not taken a seriously wrong turn in the writing and taken way too long to reach anything resembling game balance, that game could have been saved.

I sympathize with the people who say Tabula Rasa, but from what veterans of that team have said, you don't WANT the code. You may want the art assets and rights. You probably do want the audio licenses. But from all accounts, the code was in horrible, horrible and unmaintainable shape.

Posted: May 10th 2010 7:35AM (Unverified) said

Shattered Galaxy

Posted: May 10th 2010 1:56PM kdognumba1 said

I'd like to see Starwars Galaxies go open source and revert back to what it used to be. I'd also like to see Tabula Rasa go open source and see life again.

Posted: May 14th 2010 12:56PM pixledriven said

Tabula Rasa would be awesome, like so many others are saying

Shadowbane would probably be my #1 though.

However, like InfamousBrad said of Tabula Rasa, I doubt you want to touch the code for Shadowbane.
I spoke with a couple of the devs about it... One of the issues that game had was poor, twisted code. The core dev team went through 2 or 3 changes during game development and everybody seemed to have their own ideas of how it should work... So, yeah, its a spiderweb of misery and deceipt.

I'd probably still give it a shot, though. I loved that game.

Asheron's Call 2 is a different matter, though. The game worked, it looked great; it also had some really awesome systems built into it to make for a really nice experience... It was just empty. Lack of content, and lack of marketing, made for a world empty of things to do and people to not do them with.