Posted: May 7th 2010 1:19PM (Unverified) said

"It is a drastic overhaul of the Fallen Earth combat system. I won't go into the specifics in this post, but the book has been rewritten."

Combat is probably the most important change I'd want to know about to be honest, being one of the worst systems I've ever experienced, and you skip it.

Your link to their forums requires a login; are there no 'public' places we can read up on these notes?

Posted: May 7th 2010 1:35PM (Unverified) said

For some reason they didn't post the patch notes in the public forums. Sorry, I assumed they did.

This article will explain many of the changes:

Posted: May 7th 2010 1:36PM (Unverified) said

Many thanks, Ed.
I didn't realise there was an article on the combat.

Posted: May 7th 2010 2:57PM Loki1 said

Did they delete the quests yet?

Posted: May 7th 2010 6:17PM Ralk said

After just reducing their staff by 3/4: is it worth investing time into the game to have it shut down in a few more months?

Posted: May 7th 2010 7:12PM JoeH42 said

@nerp I understand your concerns. Having just started playing a few weeks ago I also feel a great deal of trepidation about the staff reduction. In particular it annoys me that they keep acting like it won't effect anything in the game when it's sure to effect SOMETHING.

Having said that, DON'T let that stop you from giving the game a shot. I promise you it's got enough players and new subscribers that it's not going to get shut down. Think of all the little MMOs out there that struggle along with a relatively small number of players (I mean it took Matrix Online years to finally die, or so it seemed to me). FE has new players all the time and I'm loving the game. There's plenty to do already and I think with the addition of the Blood Sports there will be a lot of fun. It took me months of doing Warsong Gultch on my twinked hunter to burn out on it and that was a single map/game. So, I don't know that it's a positive thing that they've fired so many people but we have to assume that they know a lot more about the situation than we do and that it really is for the best. Kind of like when a jury of 12 people found Michael Jackson to be innocent of the crimes he was accused of; whether you think he was innocent or guilty you have to have a little faith that they looked at all the facts and made the right decision. (note, please no comments on that subject, just trying to provide a metaphor)

Posted: May 8th 2010 12:43AM Myria said

While not impossible, I tend to doubt that FE's servers going dark is a real risk anytime soon. Instead I'd expect the so-far depressingly glacial pace of game improvements and content additions to become epochal -- the arrival of S4, once proudly promised for this January past, should at least beat the impending heat death of the universe... If only barely.

So basically if Arenas and the occasional (as in rare, world PvP was already dead, arenas, as is their inevitable wont, are going to burn its rotting body and smoke the ashes) clan war sounds like fun to you, give it a try. If RP is your thing, well there's a surprisingly strong RP contingent (check out the bar -- above-ground, not bunker -- in Flagstaff just about any time, but especially Thursday evenings -- sadly they're mostly Traveler and CHOTA scum, though :) ) that I doubt is leaving anytime soon. If PvE or crafting are your thing, you might want to think twice. Through S1 things are a blast, but past that things go downhill fast and, as things stand, I wouldn't be expecting that to change anytime soon.

Posted: May 8th 2010 6:03PM (Unverified) said

@Myria

What planet have you been living on? Fallen Earth has been releasing content upgrades and patches at a blistering pace since it's release, especially when compared to the other MMO's released around the same time like Aion and Champions.