Posted: May 7th 2010 4:29PM Orvidos said

I still have that 6 rogue and a . . .7-ish? wizard sitting around somewhere. But you folks just dragged me into Guild Wars! Damn you! You've done in my free time.

Looking forward to next Wednesday.

Posted: May 7th 2010 5:26PM Nibbana said

I haven't been able to join in these Wednesdays yet, but I'm hoping to soon. What is the server name you all play on? Cannith? Any class needs?

Posted: May 7th 2010 6:44PM JoeH42 said

@Nibbana yes, Cannith is the server we are on and I'd recommend trying to get to level 3 before this next Wednesday. As for class needs (this is just my observations so bear that in mind) we actually seem to be doing pretty well on healers so I'd say that if you are so inclined rolling a rogue or a character with a splash of rogue that can disarm traps would be a good idea. One of my higher level characters took only a single level of rogue at 1st level and has done the rest all ranger (for two weapon fighting) and is able to disarm almost all traps and still does amazing dps. Otherwise if you don't feel like a rogue I'd say anything works right now :)

Posted: May 7th 2010 6:48PM JoeH42 said

I totally agree that having a group makes all the difference. When I first started playing DDO my uncle was playing along with me and between he and I (me on a cleric, him on a barbarian) and a hireling for each of us, we were able to 2-man the majority of the content we ran into. It was nice because we could be patient with each other and didn't have to feel bad if we caused a wipe or had to go AFK. When my uncle got too busy irl to keep playing I found my own enjoyment of the game to start seriously slowing down. I was in one of the biggest and best guilds on Khyber server (Mature Adventurer's Club) and that helped a lot but it just wasn't the same without him :'(
So, I guess my point is it's VERY helpful in DDO to have someone reliable to play with. Whether that is someone you already know or just some solid players you meet in the game, it's a world of difference. Other MMOs you can solo all the way to max level, but not so much in DDO.

Posted: May 8th 2010 2:23AM (Unverified) said

How do I get in touch with someone in the guild before next Wednesday? I tried to /who by guild name and that doesn't seem to work.

Posted: May 8th 2010 1:59PM Tanek said

If you are looking specifically for a guild invite, the surest time to do that in-game would probably be a little bit before the start time (9pm Eastern U.S.) of the group on Wednesdays. Make sure you have Rubialina and Syp on your friends list, since they are the ones who do the invites.

Just finding out if anyone else from OnedAwesome is online, one thing that worked for me initially was using the Who tab of the Social Panel (default key to open Social is 'O') and clicking on the column with guild name to sort it alphabetically. I'm not sure if that will pick up people in all areas, though, as I have not tested it since Korthos.

You can also sometimes find players from the group in the Massively IRC channel (info for that is on the community page: http://www.massively.com/community ).

However you choose to try, I'm sure you'll find someone to answer questions for you. Worst case, you'll be able to find the group easily on Wednesday. Hope to see you there. :)

Posted: May 8th 2010 9:07PM (Unverified) said

@tanek: I get home from work around 9PM Eastern Time. Coordinating in advance of that might require time travel which, I've been told, violates causality and can rip the fabric of space and time. Or, like, finding someone the day before. =D

Posted: May 8th 2010 10:32AM Inspectah said

2 other friends and I have been on the cannith server for a while and are starting to need other people to group with to play. our problem is that we dont play wednesdays and only get together on thursdays/fridays/some saturdays for DDO. does anyone else in the guild play on thurs/fri/sat? were all lvl 8 at the moment and have lvl 11 mains as well but we just cant keep up the three man group much longer. we would all like to join the guild hoping that we can maybe find some other good players who play on the weekends.

oh and my chars names are deta and carb if anyone on wants to group up.

Posted: May 9th 2010 8:35AM laytoncy said

This is a great thing Massively has started here. Are there any members of you guild that play during the day? I'm lucky and work from home and get most of my play time during the day as opposed to nights and would like to group for sure.

MMO Week in Review: QueueAge