Posted: May 7th 2010 3:06PM (Unverified) said

"..taking aim at the people who have argued from launch that the game isn't an MMO -- it is.."

Amana stands in the foreground, looking solemnly at the ground, one hand in her suit pants pocket and the other clasping a pair of Aviator sunglasses.

"Has anybody got the number for Lost and Found?" she says, as she looks into the camera and smoothly puts her sunglasses on:

"Because we're going to have to call them to see if my respect for you ever shows up."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Posted: May 7th 2010 3:19PM Seraphina Brennan said

*blinks a few times*

I'm sorry. Normally I'd be all sad that someone burned us, but that has to be easily the awesomest burn I've ever seen.

+10 Sera points to Amana.

Posted: May 7th 2010 4:04PM karnisov said

well i guess they are moving away from the fps crowd too with these changes. less about player skill and more about gear. wonder if that will pay off.

Posted: May 7th 2010 4:38PM (Unverified) said

No, if there's anything I've learned from playing shooters for so long, it's that people don't like unbalanced game play. As it stands, Merc (aka random) PvP is utterly horrible. This patch will only makes things worse.

This leaves people with a rather long grind until they're good enough to effectively AvA. Personally, I don't like wasting huge amounts time playing against some crappy AI, just so I can do what every other shooter lets you do right out of the box.

What the game industry needs is a real shooter that lets you customize your char as much as GA does, without the leveling crap.

Posted: May 7th 2010 4:48PM Psychotic Storm said

I guess the "we will have to wait and see" doesn't really exist around here does it?

Posted: May 7th 2010 4:56PM GryphonStalker said

As GamersThumb said (on the GA forums): "I fail to see how this patch trumps team based play and skill because it is so "gear" based when the fact is this "gear" is only replacing something that is already in game, upgrades."

They are swapping one system for another in a different form.
The dev's have already said that you'd need an epic weapon with an epic mod to match the current epic upgrade that is already in game.

Posted: May 7th 2010 5:30PM karnisov said

@neosapience: i've never been a fan of asymmetrical equipment availability in fps either. i'm VERY curious how this will effect people who have bought the game under different gameplay conditions that are starting to morph into something else. Quake Wars did that to me with the 1.4 patch and I was pretty pissed about it. Turned the game into a complete noobfest.

Posted: May 7th 2010 6:51PM (Unverified) said

@neosapience - I disagree about Merc PvP, I found it quite well balanced for the most part, I maintained about a 50-60% win ration from Level 1-38 (where I stopped to take a hiatus til sandstorm.) That's pretty good for playing solo and not knowing much about the game out of the box. I think their matchmaking system is quite good, and seems effective in lining up teams that have a fighting chance against each other.

Posted: May 7th 2010 9:13PM (Unverified) said

@Eric - The matchmaking system does a terrible job balancing classes. About half the matches I play I lose because the other team has more medics or my team gets stuck with 5 noob recons. Not being able to change classes to suit your strategy (defense vs offense for example) is another horrible aspect of the system.

GA is more about strategy and coordination, which means if even some of your team is crappy, you can't do your job (especially if you're playing assault or robotics). There's a reason so many people play recon.

Posted: May 7th 2010 5:31PM Darkmoone said

I think Amana and Sera play to much Second Life.

Posted: May 7th 2010 6:13PM Seraphina Brennan said

I think your comment on online landscapes is...

*slips on her sunglasses*