Posted: May 6th 2010 11:12AM Renko said

"However, they also recognize how popular it is to move a new character to max level and then start rolling up alts..."

Whether or not it's popular this is definately the way Cryptic expects you to play their games, if you don't like alts then it seems that's just tough as far as they are concerned.

The whole concept of level cap play certainly needs a lot of love from them in both their games.

Posted: May 6th 2010 12:29PM blomma said

I cant but help think that the reason they wont expand the level cap is that it will entail a huge amount of work, not only in that they will need to add powers but also in balancing it all. And given that they are developing yet another mmo i can only think that their resources are spread thin. And fair enuff, i'm glad they aren't rushing it, but for a game that seems geared for altholics there is precious little content to support it. There is only so many times you can repeat the exact same missions over and over again.

Posted: May 6th 2010 3:31PM Dblade said

no, no, no.

People roll up alts mostly for two reasons:

1. They like lvl 10-20 pvp better than level 31-40.

2. They have nothing else to do.

There's only so many times you can reroll a new character. Focusing on alts is neglecting the fact that there is no long-term, decent PvE content at level cap.

Posted: May 6th 2010 8:23PM TheGreatMachine said

This.

I level almost exclusively through pvp as the pve in this game is unrewarding and moronically easy. I do like making alts as a big part of the game is the creativity you're afforded in making toons. If there was better pvp/pve options in T4 I'd be doing that without a question.

I'm not interested in grinding for furry costumes and eventually I'll get bored of pvp too. At that point, another sub bites the dust.

Posted: May 6th 2010 10:43PM (Unverified) said

Please do not attempt to tell them that people are just plain BORED and have nothing to do at max level... zero, actually, unless you want to RP... weeeeee!

Cryptic is a company that appears blind to the fact that their games stink for content at, and near mid level to end level. Even when confronted with it, or when they release 'expansions' covering the mid range level, they put their fingers in their ears and refuse to acknowledge their blunders.

Rolling alts is fun, but it is something my kids do on Disney website games, not something I want to be FORCED to do to enjoy a MMO I am paying for.

Posted: May 7th 2010 1:15AM Anatidae said

I have no idea why they didn't create a Villan vs. Hero world where area of the map could be contested and both sides could build superbases that the other side could invade.

After all, other than the sheer joy of kicking someone's butt, most FPS multiplayer games don't need levels to be fun.

Of course, there is the danger or repeating WAR's mistakes too.