Posted: May 5th 2010 3:05PM Lateris said

I seriously think they need to slow down and finish CO and STO first. They also need to abandon the cookie cutter instance formula they have with their engine. It is far too repetitive in design. And it is a waste of good talent.

Posted: May 6th 2010 5:43AM (Unverified) said

Omg another suckfest mmo, seriously just fix STO so it's passable. We don't want another Cryptic mmo! I think it's annoying how much cryptic "listens" to the community but still does nothing we've asked for or gives the same unhelpful answers over and over.

Posted: May 5th 2010 4:11PM (Unverified) said

When will cryptic stop ruining good names of the games
Startrek after superhero game then NWN i can't belive that , i hope someone will ban this studio in their country law for destroying entertainment.

Posted: May 5th 2010 4:35PM Vlo said

Cryptic should have just stick with CoH/CoV. The current games they have developed doesn't deserve a subscription fee.

Posted: May 5th 2010 5:01PM (Unverified) said

I'll never buy another game by Cryptic Studios until a free trial is offered.

Posted: May 5th 2010 5:31PM (Unverified) said

I'm surprised that there aren't many guesses as to what this game is.

Apparently I'm the only one who remembers that Cryptic Studios was rumored to have picked up the rights to Call of Cthulhu a while back. I'm guessing that's what this is. It even matches up with the teaser art they've had on their corporate studio site for a while.

I weep for CoC fans.

Posted: May 5th 2010 5:33PM (Unverified) said

Cryptic games are like a room full of amazing appetizers with no main course anywhere to be seen. Customers are hungry, and are naturally drawn into the room with all the food. This only manages to hold their interest long enough until their stomachs growl for the main course, which is no where to be found.

Posted: May 5th 2010 5:48PM Seldra said

Ah nice, another fastfood mmo from our friends at Cryptic.

Posted: May 5th 2010 6:38PM (Unverified) said

I wonder how they do, it's almost a game a year...they are the Call of Duty of MMOs. o_0

Posted: May 5th 2010 6:32PM Saker said

If those pictures are for this "project" then it certainly isn't D&D, maybe Cthulu? Mildly curious (would in theory love a Cthulu MMO, depending of course on the details - wherein lies the devil always in wait).

Posted: May 5th 2010 6:40PM (Unverified) said

those artwork were for an old already cancelled project.

Posted: May 5th 2010 6:38PM Vitamin Dei said

You broke my heart, 'Fredo!

Posted: May 5th 2010 6:40PM Callagan said

80 comments of "lolcryptic". Clearly public opinion is on the rise.

Posted: May 5th 2010 7:46PM BubleFett said

Craptari is at it again.
Let me guess, this game is going to have lifetime sub
Is going to give us bad animation, boring game play.
customization to your hearts desire. Long queue for PvP
if any. Bug ridden quests. Absolutely no customer service.
A micro transaction store to rip off the fan boys.
Media hype by Massively. Bill Roper will be to poster child for this game.
Jack will stay in the shadows with his hands up Ropers A** giving us
the play by play development of the game in progress.

I'm sure I missed some things but you get the idea.

Posted: May 5th 2010 8:19PM spamero said

ppppaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssss

Posted: May 5th 2010 8:47PM TheGreatMachine said

88(89) comments worth of hate proves this was a bad move on Cryptic's part.
I actually enjoy CO, it has a lot of potential which is obviously going to remain unrecognized while they cram another unneeded MMO into a bloated marketplace.

How about expanding on what you have. You know, those games in which people are screaming for content.

Posted: May 5th 2010 11:20PM (Unverified) said

CO is the only MMO that I can bring myself to play right now. I like it. It doesn't require the time investment that WoW and others do.

Posted: May 5th 2010 10:38PM (Unverified) said

My two part question..

I know that Atari own the license to NWN. With the Hasbro lawsuit brewing,and if this is a NWN mmo, can Hasbro put a block on it? Does Atari/Cryrtic have the rights to 4th edition rules or will they attempt to shoehorn 3rd (or 3.5) rules into a game?

Posted: May 5th 2010 10:44PM (Unverified) said

All I can say to those of you that actually bought CO or STO:
You got FLAGSHIPPED!

Oh yah, and you know why? Cause they hired CEO of Flagship studios and you expect him to be able to put out good titles? Hahahah!

Posted: May 6th 2010 2:49AM UnSub said

Rage drives page views, apparently.

We'll see in the longer term if Cryptic's business strategy is viable, but ultimately it makes a lot more sense to build a game that is profitable on 100k players than 500k.

However... Roper needs to stop giving interviews. His responses are always generic and bland.

I'm interested in Cryptic's next title. The two IPs that Emmert expressed interest in were D&D and... Godzilla. I've heard one rumour that it is actually a Godzilla (or at least giant monsters fighting) MMO.