Posted: May 4th 2010 6:22PM Pingles said

I keep trying to like this game.

I am on my third mid-teens toon and while the game has some nice features I just can't seem to enjoy being in the gameworld.

One thing that nags at me is the graphics. They are of very high quality but the style is very "Elvish" with a glowy haze around everything.

I keep forcing myself to go back and knock out a few levels to see if maybe I start having fun but it is getting harder each time to log back in.

Posted: May 5th 2010 5:08PM (Unverified) said

Well, the game becomes enjoyable when you reach lvl 50 with good enough gear to do instances. At the time you reach instance Heart of the ocean you can stop paying for the game if you play much, and content just kepps getting better and better.

Don't forget to pimp up your gear since quest items wont be enough to enter instances, also try to get a guild which will help you get better stats.

Posted: May 4th 2010 6:36PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
Same sex marriage caused me to drop this game immediately

Posted: May 4th 2010 7:02PM BelShamharoth said

How close-minded. I'm no GLBT activist myself, but it's their damn choice, not mine. If you let someone else's choices affect you that much, then you're going to have a pretty hard time finding any game you like, and I'd say you're just likely to have trouble in real life as well.

Posted: May 4th 2010 7:16PM DrewIW said

I'm sure you'll find another game to indulge your bigotry.

Posted: May 4th 2010 7:53PM (Unverified) said

Don't feed the bucknuts.

Posted: May 4th 2010 7:10PM Graill440 said

• 1 heart
You people are sounding more like politicians every day.

"In fact, there's very little a cash-wielding player can do that a free player can't."

Which, for the majority of us means, it isnt F2P. Spin away though if it makes you feel good thinking the rest of us are stupid.

Posted: May 4th 2010 7:28PM Brendan Drain said

Graill, that sentence means that almost anything can be done by players without spending cash. There are very few things that you can only get in the diamond shop but as far as I've seen they're all minor or cosmetic. Dying clothes, buying aggregators (to merge the appearance of one item with the stats of another), buying costume sets and getting fancy-looking mounts all require diamonds but they're all essentially cosmetic. Anything from the diamond shop that could be considered essential to gameplay is also available in the phirius token shop and so can be acquired without spending cash. That makes the game a lot more free than some other F2P titles.

If you want to be completely 100% accurate, there is absolutely nothing in the game that you have to spend cash to get. Even if it's in the diamond shop, there are some free offers like questionnaires etc that reward the player with diamonds. And when the diamond trade was in the game a player could acquire diamonds just by farming some extra gold and trading with a player.

Posted: May 4th 2010 7:20PM Azimn said

Is it me are are these comments craziness?

I can say it is a pretty fun game and I would rather drop 10 bucks for a mount than 15 bucks a month. Even at free when I used to play you could even get a permanent horse for the daily tokens. Also WTF is with quitting the game because of same sex marriage? Goat people, dragons, elves, monsters, these things don't scare you away but homosexual virtual people do? Thats just stupid. Good news though now you can't get their cooties!

Posted: May 4th 2010 7:33PM (Unverified) said

RoM is quite generous with the pure free players. There's plenty of bag and bank space. I'm approaching L50 now (where raids and end-game content become available) and the only time I felt any pressure at all to pay money was for a permanent mount early on.

A mount is something that, though not strictly necessary, is highly desirable. If a player wants to be strictly free, it isn't difficult at all to get the 7 or 30 day mounts, but it does require "priming the system". One would need to do without for the first week or two, while building up the resources to rent the first mount.

For players who want to jump in and explore, not fiddle with economics or tokens, or are otherwise impatient, that little bit of pressure is there. But only a little.

Posted: May 5th 2010 2:30AM Unverfied B said

"If a player wants to be strictly free, it isn't difficult at all to get the 7 or 30 day mounts, but it does require "priming the system". One would need to do without for the first week or two, while building up the resources to rent the first mount."

Or maybe i just save my time and go play a real game where i can get a permanent mount for a few G...

Posted: May 4th 2010 7:45PM (Unverified) said

after removing dia's for gold options they will fail big time now

Posted: May 4th 2010 9:53PM Joshua Przygocki said

I loved this game, and while it was a little dry for me, it was still great, I loved the cash shop and how it felt more fluff than necessity.

Posted: May 4th 2010 10:24PM Wisdomandlore said

I tried to like it. Everything was just a little bit off, though: movement, controls, graphics, animation, etc. I can't even say what it is, even. Maybe polish? But that little bit of annoyance about everything I encountered drove me off.

Posted: May 5th 2010 2:28AM Unverfied B said

• Half a heart
A shitty free game is still shitty, that's not a reason to play it.

I have a feature request for massively: can we please get some kind of filter that hides articles about all the crap f2p games that seem to fill this site? It's really hard to find the interesting stuff in all this stream of bull crap...

Posted: May 5th 2010 3:15AM kasapina said

You can just skim through the articles you aren't interested in, doesn't cost you that many of your precious seconds. I'd much rather have them add an edit feature.

Posted: May 5th 2010 3:32AM Unverfied B said

Yeah an edit button would be most definitely welcome too. And making the "remember me" check-box actually work...

Posted: May 5th 2010 2:58AM wjowski said

• 1 heart
Shit's free too. Doesn't mean I run around gathering it up.

Posted: May 5th 2010 6:56AM Birk said

Its rare to find a newspaper that anyone will read cover to cover. People have different tastes, after all. The sports section? As good as dead to me.

So you know what I do?

I dont read it.

And a newspaper costs me $.75 a day

Posted: May 5th 2010 10:32AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
I don't condone company's who have an agenda.Same sex marriage was coded into the game purposefully.The company has an agenda which I recognize and won't support .What other do is their business.